Working with us
Age UK has demonstrated time and again its robust commitment to the wellbeing, personal development and opportunities for all staff, which works in perfect tandem with a truly diverse and inclusive working environment, that is becoming ever more person centred.
As working environments have evolved in recent times, Age UK has set an example for enabling staff to work safely and maximising communication across the organisation.
"This is the best place I've ever worked. The people here are amazing, totally committed and they have become great friends. We are one great team with a fantastic purpose who work for a great cause. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else."
- Age UK employee
Why work with us?
At Age UK, we have a welcoming and supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done and a team making a real difference to older people's lives. We are a top 10 charity employer according to research by Indeed into employee satisfaction and we are accredited by the Investors in People scheme. We are also members of the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion, and part of the Disability Confident scheme in the UK.
We support flexible working
We understand that you might need a little help balancing your work and home life. Our flexible working policies aim to support you in this. If you’re applying to join us, please feel free to talk to us about flexible working options during the recruitment process so we can help identify some of the ways Age UK might be able to support you.
Some of the ways we support flexible working:
- We encourage candidates and our current colleagues to talk to us about flexible working options. This could include changing their hours or thinking more creatively.
- We support a number of job shares, helping colleagues who need more flexibility to do roles that would ordinarily be full time.
- We provide paid carers leave to people who tell us about their caring commitments outside of work.
- We have supported a significant number of colleagues in taking sabbaticals from Age UK, keeping their jobs open and waiting for them upon their return.
- We provide help for colleagues where other forms of leave are required, such as emergencies at home and parental leave.
At Age UK we understand that many people will join us wishing to develop their career and we strive to support them in every way we can; we have a strong learning and development culture and a will to see our staff progress within the organisation, and even beyond, to the very best of their ability.
Here are just a few:
- Flexible working policies to help you maintain your work-life balance
- Competitive salaries
- 5 weeks holiday per year plus the option to buy 5 more days
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Healthcare cashback plan: money back for dental treatment, opticians and much more