Senior Financial Accountant
- Contract Type
We are looking to recruit an additional Senior Financial Accountant to join our team and help deliver financial accounting to the Age UK Group.
This role requires someone with experience of working within the charity sector and have the knowledge and skills to work confidently within a charity regulatory environment.
You will have a hands-on approach to work and a keen interest in developing accounting systems, looking for new ways to enhance productivity and reporting.
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Previous experience of working within charity or non-profit sector essential
- An interest in, and practical experience of, the technical issues of financial accounting in a non-profit organisation including the regulatory and tax environment.
- A confident communicator, both verbally and written.
- An ability to prepare and occasionally present papers for board and other senior meetings
- Experience of confidently developing and enhancing financial systems
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.