Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00 • 52 weeks per annum
Salary: Competitive salary, pension & company benefits
Based in Ascot, Berkshire
Hospitality is one of the largest industries in the U.K. Would you like to make a difference to licensed drinks people that may need our help in supporting them to access our financial grants and advise them about a huge range of other free services to support them?
About the role:
Your role will be to be the first port of call for people who contact us via our website or those who have been referred to us to receive financial support via our grants program. You will be responsible for dealing with the enquiries we receive via phone, email, and web forms. You will respond to each enquiry and give advice according to the nature of the enquiry.
This could be:
- Explaining our application process to potential applicants or 3rd party referrers.
- Assist people by providing us with proof of employment to confirm their eligibility to receive financial assistance. This includes liaison with the HMRC.
- Informing people of the role and importance that our volunteer visitors play in the application process.
- Signpost to alternative support providers and charities if people don’t meet our criteria.
- Advise on the wide range of free services we provide.
- Explaining what information and documents people need to provide for their application to be considered.
- Timescales for our decision making.
- What happens after a grant decision is made.
- Creating new cases on our CRM system and issuing application logins to new applicants.
- Assigning new cases to one of our grant’s caseworks.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Helping people from the trade to apply for bursary places at our school LVS Ascot.
- Dealing with non-financial applications such as approving requests for extra counseling or housing support.
- Supporting the team with other job roles in times of annual leave or sick absence.
We need someone who is passionate and motivated about providing support in a non-judgmental way. We put our diverse clients at the heart of what we do, and we work together to maintain outstanding levels of customer service.
From time to time, you will have to deal with sensitive subjects and difficult conversations, therefore the ability to actively listen is essential. Extensive experience of either working in hospitality and therefore insight in the challenges and benefits. Or experience in a grant giving organization, and a knowledge of support services.
The role would suit someone that has experience of supporting people who are experiencing tough times and giving them the confidence to break their problems into manageable bite size pieces.
About us - Licensed Trade Charity
Licensed Trade Charity is passionate about supporting people that work or have worked in pubs, bars, breweries, and night clubs. We provide an excellent range of support services to people who may be facing tough times. This could be for example going through financial hardship, relationship breakdown, bereavement, poor mental health, redundancy, or housing issues
Please visit us our website for full information on our support services and to view the full job description and to apply.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4 January 2024
As the role is located at one of our business units, LVS Ascot, we are committed to safeguarding, Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children and young people ages 4 - 18. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.