Service Co-ordinator - Commissioned Services
Home-based, with travel around West Sussex
Full-time / Fixed Term Contract until 30 November 2024
In every corner of Britain, Royal Voluntary Service mobilises volunteers to support those in need, in hospital and in the community.
Through the gift of voluntary service, our volunteers provide much-needed support for over-stretched public services. They work at scale in the NHS, freeing up staff to dedicate more time to patient care, and within communities to give practical help and support to people when they need it.
Our staff are some of the most passionate and dedicated people in the country, who contribute directly to making society better connected, more inclusive and a place where everyone can thrive.
Our Supporting You at Home service allows us to assist people in fighting loneliness, offer a helping hand, and reconnect people with their friends and communities.
The service is both staff and volunteer-led and promotes greater self-confidence and a sense of wellbeing whilst helping identify opportunities to develop greater physical and mental resilience.
We are now looking for a Service Co-ordinator to join the team for 35 hours per week, for a fixed-term contract until 30th November 2024. The working hours are negotiable but will be on weekdays.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will oversee our Supporting You at Home service across West Sussex as part of a consortium of organisations.
Specifically, you will assist the Service Manager, co-ordinating day-to-day service operations, providing cover, matching clients to volunteers, dealing with enquiries, recruiting volunteers and delivering training.
You will ensure inclusivity is increased for service participants and work with individuals to develop personalised support plans. Monitoring and assisting volunteers, you will deliver interventions to support the needs of older people.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week, for a fixed term contract until 30th November 2024. The working hours are negotiable but will be on weekdays.
What you’ll need
To be considered as a Service Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Customer service experience
- General administrative process experience, including the maintenance of databases
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The willingness to undertake training and development
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £20,581 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face counselling sessions included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 31st January 2024. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Project Support Co-ordinator, Outreach Co-ordinator, Care Co-ordinator, Community Work Co-ordinator, Activity Community Co-ordinator, or Community Wellbeing and Volunteer Co-ordinator.