The University of Oxford is a stimulating work environment, which enjoys an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence. Our research plays a key role in tackling many global challenges, from reducing our carbon emissions to developing vaccines during a pandemic.
Seeking a Philanthropy Executive (known at Oxford as a Development Executive) for Medical Sciences. This role is a crucial member of the Medical Sciences fundraising team, which raises significant philanthropic support for priority areas of research in the Medical Sciences Division of the university.
About the Role
This role will manage a portfolio of more than 100 major gift prospects, and be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of potential donors able to support Medical Sciences at Oxford, typically in the range of £100,000-£500,000.
If you have experience in major gift fundraising, have excellent inter-personal skills, and are passionate about playing a role in enabling life-changing research then we would love to hear from you.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matter to use, so we offer a range of family friendly, financial and professional benefits, including:
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Exceptional contributory pension scheme and salary sacrifice options
- 38 days annual leave
- Comprehensive childcare services and family-friendly leave schemes
- Cycle loan scheme
- Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
- Subsidised University Sports Centre membership
- Engaging social groups and sports clubs beyond the workplace
- Membership to CASE for advancement professionals
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
How to apply:
Please click on the link to apply. Applications should consist of a full CV and a letter of application (maximum of 2-3 pages) outlining your motivations to apply for this role, your relevant experience and how you meet the criteria of the person specification.
- Only applications received before 12.00 noon on 6 December 2023 can be considered.
- Interviews are currently scheduled to take place on 18 December 2023, in person in Oxford.
The Development Office is committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills and experiences. We encourage applicants from all sectors of the community and are especially keen to encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply.