Join our board to help us develop more affordable homes for people in housing need
We’re looking for experienced or passionate people us steer the Community Land Trust through its ambitious housing development plans.
This a great opportunity to help us take a step up in fulfilling our aim of developing community-led, sustainable homes for affordable rents.
As a board member you join our small friendly team of fellow directors. Board meetings are once a month and there is an optional monthly informal drop-in to discuss and explore issues and share knowledge - all online. With over 30 new affordable homes in the pipeline, we now looking for a board member who can help manage our finances and plan for the future.
You will be joining us at an exciting time that is not without its challenges.
We have no employees at present but are supported by a co-operative development agency that undertakes most of our administrative and operational tasks.
This is a voluntary position that can be undertaken remotely. However, our area of benefit is Somerset, BANES and North Somerset, and living or working in or around this area would be an advantage, but not essential.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, abilities, races, sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, and of all faiths and none. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to support people with disabilities, so they have access to the same opportunities and experiences as others who do not.
What we are looking for:
- That you can spare 4-6 hours per month. The ability to use your experience and knowledge to make considered judgements To be able to work as part of a team. Living in the UK Experience in one or more of these areas: Housing management or property development experience Financial or legal skills or knowledge Communications or marketing experience Project management experience
We can offer you:
- The chance to be part of a Community Land Trust, at an exciting time in its development, and to have a big impact on its plans and operations. Board members are essential to ensuring that we remain strong and able to navigate the challenges ahead.
- The opportunity to be at the vanguard of community-led housing across Somerset and make a real impact on addressing housing need in the communities we serve.
- A range of expenses including child/dependant care, travel, home office allowance and IT support.
- The opportunity to gain experience as a director of a growing and ambitious community land trust/housing provider
When applying please provide a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your relevant experience.
There is no formal interview. Applicants will have the opportunity for an initial informal chat before being invited to a board meeting.