We are looking for an experienced and well-connected Celebrity Manager who has worked in the Not for Profit sector and can leverage their network of agents and publicists. You will join a small and busy comms team, who will work with the Head of Media to nurture existing talent relationships, identify and build new talent relationships and ensure the team are working with talent effectively to hit both brand building and income generating objectives.
We are looking for someone proactive, tenacious, and empathetic, as you will be working for a charity that represents 100% of the NHS charity sector in the UK, helping the NHS tackle today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Position: Celebrity Manager
Salary: £36,000 -£41,000 per annum
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week) less two hours paid wellbeing time, 9-11am on Friday mornings
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 1st December 2023
The Celebrity Manager will play a key role within the organisation to build a bank of warm and engaged high-profile talent who are diverse, authentic and relevant and who can help reach key demographics with the vision, mission and values.
Key responsibilities include:
- With guidance from the Head of Media, work closely with the wider comms team to design and deliver a structured and targeted plan of engagement to seek out, build and manage relationships with credible and authentic high profile charity champions and other celebrities that will help the charity achieve its strategic objectives across brand and fundraising
- Work with the PR team to devise creative and innovative ways to ensure talent remains warm and engaged and informed of the impact, helping the charity to move and build relationships from transactional ad hoc support to warm, meaningful and long-term interactions
- Ensure that the talent that is engaged with reflects and is representative of the diversity of the members, beneficiaries and supporters
- Work with the Head of Media to Ensure any talent that is engaged with is well briefed ahead of any media appearance or event attendance and provide support on event logistics as required
- Work with publicists to manage reputational risk for both the talent and charity
- Ensure any access we have to talent to serve all parts of the organisation
- Ensure the charity are storing and tracking all interactions with talent and agents in an efficient and confidential manner.
- Ensure any talent that is acting as a spokesperson, is well briefed ahead of any media appearance or event attendance and attend with talent where possible
- Explore and develop ways to engage with and work with influencers to show impact and tell stories through their platforms
- Attend key working and project groups for any talent related activity and planning
The organisation offers and encourages flexible working. You will be required to work from the Warwick office occasionally, which is the official place of work, as well as travel to other locations, primarily for shoots, media appearances and events involving talent.
You will be a dynamic and experienced celebrity management expert, who understands the talent world and how to leverage talent partnerships in a way that helps generate both income and awareness for the charity and its work. You will be able to influence and inspire your existing celebrity, publicist and agent network to support the BAU campaigns and one-off events and projects. You will be experienced and innovative at seeking out celebrities who have a credible and authentic link or affiliation with the NHS and the areas of need we support.
You will need:
- Experience of working cross-functionally and collaboratively across the organisation and will have a proven ability to prioritise and creatively advise on the best opportunities for talent to add value
- To be a personable, knowledgeable and confident team player who is comfortable working closely with our Senior Management team to advise and inform them on both strategic and practical use of talent under the guidance of the Head of Media
If you have worked in PR or worked as a Celebrity Coordinator, then as long as you have experience of managing celebrity relationships, then we would also love to hear from you too!
In return, you will have a supportive team, where you can shape your role and the direction of your work, and the opportunity to be involved in new, exciting and ambitious projects.
- 10% Employers Pension Contribution
- 28 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays as a minimum
- Flexible Working
- 2 hours per week Wellbeing time out for full time staff
- Apprenticeships, training and development opportunities
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Rewards
- Plus many more great staff benefits!
Please upload your CV and a covering letter outlining which vacancy you are interested in (Scotland or England based GO position), your interest in the role, how you meet the job description and person specification. The covering letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4.
Equality and Diversity
The charity is committed to inclusivity and representing the diversity of the communities it serves. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community. Applicants will be treated fairly throughout the recruitment process, and the team will ensure there is no unfair discrimination on the basis of race, ethnic origin, disability, gender, religion or belief, age, sexual orientation or any other relevant characteristic.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Celebrity Management, Talent Management, Artist Liaison, Ambassador Management, Celebrity Partnerships, Celebrity Relationship, Celebrity and Ambassador Manager, Ambassador Manager, Charity Ambassador, PR, Public Relations, Relationship.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.