Harris Hill is recruiting for a Finance Manager on a 6 – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (A permanent position is available) for this Well-Established Charity based in Bedfordshire.
- Salary: £50,000pa
- Hours: 35 Hours per week, flexible working, 5 days a week
- Hybrid Working: 4 days a week minimum would be required to work in their offices in Bedfordshire.
- Reports to: Head of Finance
*** This is an immediate start position, no more than 2 weeks ***
Purpose of the Job
- To assist the Head of Finance in delivering a good quality full financial service for the Charity.
- Management Accounts - Prepare and produce monthly management accounts for actuals for the month and actuals to date and to enable the Head of Finance to review and to calculate Forecasts with SMT for reporting.
- Budget setting – Assist the Head of Finance in the annual Budget preparation process.
- Year End Accounts – Assist the Head of Finance in preparing the Statutory Accounts prior to audit visit.
- Payroll – process monthly payroll, staff and volunteers’ expenses.
- VAT – prepare the quarterly VAT returns and reconcile PAYE, NI and pensions for the Head of Finance to review and sign off.
- Cash management and bank accounts – ensure daily reconciliations of the bank accounts are carried out and that there are sufficient funds in the individual bank accounts to cover transactions.
- Line reports – manage and supervise the other members of the Finance Team.
- Update and reconcile financial ledgers including accruals, prepayments, deferred income and the fixed asset register.
- Take full ownership of accounts payable, receivables and bank reconciliation process.
- Provide financial data, support or reporting to internal and external stakeholders for compliance and decision-making purposes.
- Reconcile accounts at regular intervals, reporting discrepancies, mistakes or potential fraud to senior management in time.
- To deputise for the Head of Finance as and when required and assist in any ad hoc projects required.