Director of Finance & Resources
London, W2 (with hybrid working and at least two days per week in the office)
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
We are currently seeking a Director of Finance & Resources to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Stating salary of £90,237 per annum with the opportunity to progress based on annually reviewed performance
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays (increasing progressively to 33 days after five years)
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high calibre finance professional with senior leadership experience and a background in the not-for-profit sector to join our life-changing organisation.
Some of our key activities, alongside arts programmes and volunteering, are funding initiatives, and so it is imperative that our own finances are managed considerately and carefully so we can deliver to those that need us the most.
Your role will ensure that we can keep on meeting those commitments through effective financial management and continuing programmes and initiatives.
In the 2021/22 period, we raised £4.47m in fundraising income and awarded £4.3m in grants and funding, we made hospitals better places through our collection of more than 2,500 artworks and supported 547 volunteers to contribute more than 17,000 hours of their time.
Supporting five hospitals in London is no mean feat but through your expertise as part of our fantastic leadership team, we can ensure that hospitals are more vibrant, supported and wonderful places for both patients and staff.
As our Director of Finance & Resources, you will provide strategic and operational leadership to our finance function, ensuring healthy finances to support achievement of our objectives.
Developing and delivering the financial strategy, you will provide ongoing financial advice and take the lead in finance discussions with our leadership team and at the highest level of our organisation.
You will also manage our IT systems and technology and systems suppliers as well as maintaining overall responsibility for our HR and office support functions.
Additionally, you will:
- Support the development and implementation of a strategic approach to managing our property portfolio
- Ensure monthly management accounts and other reports are produced
- Lead and deliver the process for preparing our annual accounts
- Develop and implement a technology and systems strategy
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective IT infrastructure
To be considered as our Director of Finance & Resources, you will need:
- To be a chartered accountant or direct equivalent
- Experience leading a finance function
- Experience of competent financial planning, deploying resources and managing risk
- Experience working in a finance role in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience overseeing IT functions
- Experience inspiring and motivating teams to achieve high performance
- An understanding of data management systems
- Knowledge of charity accounting and the relevant SORP
- A relevant accountancy qualification
- A minimum of degree-level education or evidence of equivalent academic achievement
The closing date for this role is midday on Monday 4th December.
Other organisations may call this role Director of Finance & Operations, FD, Finance Director, Financial Controller, Head of Finance & Business, CFO, or Chief Financial Officer.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to step into this pivotal position as our Director of Finance & Resources, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.