Retail & Café Manager
Birmingham Women's Hospital, Birmingham, West Midlands
Royal Voluntary Service hospital cafés, shops and trolleys are part of the fabric of the NHS and a real asset in their own right. Staffed by employees and volunteers, we provide an outstanding range of healthy food choices. Our customers love the fact that the money they spend with us pays for volunteer action in hospitals and the community.
We are now looking for a Retail & Café Manager to join our team in Birmingham on a permanent, full-time basis, working 35 hours per week.
As the Retail & Café Manager, you will lead a passionate team of staff and volunteers who work hard to deliver outstanding customer service in Birmingham Women's Hospital.
In this busy role, you will:
- Run the services efficiently and effectively
- Deliver a friendly, helpful and efficient customer service
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, complying with Health and Safety and food hygiene standards and ensuring all areas remain tidy
- Lead, manage and motivate your team, providing coaching, mentoring and training
- Recruit and co-ordinate volunteers and employees
- Complete regular competitor visits to identify trends and opportunities
- Oversee stock ordering, deliveries and controls
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback for team members
This is a permanent, full-time role, working 35 hours per week, five shifts out of seven. Shifts are allocated on a rota basis, with hours between 06:30am – 8:30pm. Typical shifts are from 06:30am - 2:00pm and 1:00pm - 8:30pm.
What you’ll need
Working in a hospital requires a special kind of customer service. Your ability to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly and cheerful way will make a real difference to someone’s day. The key is to adapt your approach to each person to ensure their needs are met.
To join us as a Retail & Café Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ management experience
- At a minimum, two years’ experience in a retail or café environment
- At least two years’ cash handling experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of using EPOS systems
- Knowledge and experience of general administrative processes
- The ability to use standard IT Microsoft applications and internet systems to a basic level
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £23,907.56 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face counselling sessions included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 31st December 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Manager, Retail Supervisor, Shop Manager, Store Manager, Retail Team Leader, Café Manager, Catering Manager, Shop Supervisor, or Store Supervisor.