Volunteer Co-ordinator (Part-Time)
Housing for Women is a registered charity and independent housing association. We champion female empowerment by providing and promoting affordable homes for women and gender-specific support services. Since 1934, we have been working to build a more equal society for women, a world where everyone has a safe roof over their head regardless of circumstance, where violence against women is no longer tolerated.
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Co-ordinator to join our team on a part-time, permanent basis working 25.5 hours per week.
- Salary of £32,250 per annum (pro rata)
- 27 days' annual leave (pro rata)
- Attractive pension scheme
- Buying and selling annual leave
- Health Shield
- Season Ticket loan
- Subsidised gym membership
- Course Funding
If you’re experienced in delivering volunteering services to vulnerable people and managing the volunteer experience, this is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge to an exceptional charity.
In this rewarding role, you will make a difference to countless women’s lives as well as volunteering experiences for exceptional people. Every day, we empower vulnerable people to be independent and live the lives they truly deserve, free from terrible situations.
So, if you’re ready to join an organisation that makes a real difference, read on and apply!
As a Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will promote, co-ordinate and support volunteering across our organisation and develop high quality volunteering programmes.
Devising and delivering our Volunteer Strategy, you will increase the use of volunteers within Housing for Women, as well as maximising volunteering opportunities for current and former service users and tenants.
You will oversee the development of our volunteer programmes, get involved in risk management and financial controls and ensure high standards of customer care are delivered.
Setting targets, and monitoring and managing performance, you will be an inspiring manager within your department and ensure a positive work culture.
To be considered as a Volunteer Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience of managing volunteers in the delivery of services to vulnerable people
- Experience of the development, co-ordination and delivery of multiple volunteer services
- Experience of leading on project development or management of multiple projects and influencing and negotiating with key partners to establish, promote and provide services
- Experience of delivering induction and training programmes to groups of volunteers
- Experience of the provision of support and advice to volunteers and service users
- Evidence of establishing, maintaining and monitoring management information systems and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of partnership working and the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Knowledge of best practise of volunteer management
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Engagement Co-ordinator, Volunteer Development Officer, Volunteer Recruitment Co-ordinator, Volunteer Officer, or Volunteer Manager.
Webrecruit and Housing for Women are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to advance your career as a Volunteer Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.