Our client, a mental health research charity, is excited to announce that they're hiring a PPIEP Co-ordinator to join their growing team.
Patient and Public Involvement, Engagement and Participation Coordinator [Mental Health Mission]
Salary £35,000- 37,000 + Benefits
Hybrid - London/Oxford/Home
About the Employer
This mental health research charity is helping to implement the new government Mental Health Mission (MHM), a £42.7 million for mental health research to develop new treatments, improve diagnosis, increase use of innovative technology, and make the UK the place of choice for research by pharmaceutical and related industries.
This role will be instrumental in supporting the successful design and delivery of its Patient and Public Involvement, Engagement and Participation (PPIEP) Strategy. To do so, this role will work closely with its organisation's colleagues and Academic PPIEP Lead, based at Oxford University.
What you'll be doing:
There are two key areas of responsibility
1. To co-ordinate the work being led by the individual PPIEP-focused staff supporting Work Streams and demonstrator sites. This will include:
- Working with the Academic PPIEP Lead to define the aims, requirements, and scope of the PPIEP Strategy.
- Providing a central intelligence function by collating all PPIEP across the MHM Work Streams and demonstrator sites
- Connecting activities across the MHM and MH-TRC infrastructure
- Organising engagement events and activities as needed.
- Creating and managing the risk register in relation to the PPIEP Strategy.
- Helping with quarterly financial reporting.
- Attending workstream update meetings and providing reports as required.
- Acting as the point of contact and communicating the project status to all participants.
- Administering project operations and admin tasks as required.
- Any other relevant activities required.
2. To work with the Academic PPIEP Lead, to develop innovative approaches to deep engagement with the public and patients in the MHM. This will include:
- Identifying new ideas and options for the Academic PPIEP Lead to review, which will reach underserved communities and increase participation in PPIEP and align with industry needs for building the commercial pipeline.
- Testing different approaches to see which are most effective.
- Managing, monitoring, reporting, and evaluating engagement activities to assess their impact and effectiveness.
- Capture and create case studies as required.
- Building a good relationship with the Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) PPIEP managers to ensure coordination and avoid duplication.
- Working in partnership with the patients, the public and local communities to ensure they have a positive and meaningful influence on the relevance, shape and impact of the research undertaken.
- Helping to support the Implementation Lead to ensure PPIEP input into the translation and implementation of industry and MHM innovations (products, programmes, services) into clinical care/practice.
What skills you'll have:
They're looking for someone with the following traits:
- Demonstrable ability/prior experience in patient experience/public involvement at Specialist level
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver complex projects, involving multiple agencies and individuals and a range of tasks
- Someone with knowledge and experience of working within the NHS or Higher Education environment
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Influencing skills.
- Creative Thinking.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Wellbeing Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Strengths Finder Assessment & Coaching
- Training & Development
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Application deadline: 30/11/2023
Registration of Interest:
Please click 'Apply' and follow the job board process. You will receive an email from CHM Recruit containing further information on how to apply for the role. Please note that although you may be asked by the job board to upload a CV, you are not applying at this stage
This charity is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
No agencies please.