Employment Opportunity in Battersea
Big Local SW11 and Battersea Alliance want to appoint a part-time Stakeholder and Partnership Lead to help the Alliance through the next phase of its development.
Big Local SW11 (BLSW11) is a Big Local project managed on behalf of the National Lottery by the Local Trust, which awarded £1.1m to parts of SW11 that made up the former Latchmere Ward (plus a small part of St Mary’s).
In 2019, after extensive local consultation, BLSW11 formed the Battersea Alliance (the Alliance) a partnership of local organisations united by shared values and objectives.
Battersea Alliance is a partnership of six local organisations with a collective leadership:
- Caius House Carney’s Community, Katherine Low Settlement Providence House St Peter’s Church Battersea Big Local SW11 (BLSW11)
We have been working in tandem since 2019, to tackle Isolation, Loneliness and Mental Health (Depression & Anxiety) Challenges by strengthening the community voluntary sector in Battersea and:
- Delivering two infrastructure projects (Volunteer Coordination and Battersea Youth Voice)
- Supporting over 50 local groups and organisations with funding, information and advice; networking and joint projects
- Raising over £700,000 to match fund BLSW11 spending
- Engagement with stakeholders and partners to make the case for building social capital in Battersea
- Undertaking primary research into the needs of the community voluntary sector
- Commissioning research into the Primary Prevention(Social Return on Investment) aspects of its work – this will provide empirical evidence of the effectiveness of our community development approach.
The next phase of the Alliance’s work aims to change the culture of how the community voluntary sector in Battersea relates to and works with statutory, private sector and institutional funders – to develop a strategy which sees Primary Prevention as the main driver of a ‘Community Investment Plan’; this will require extensive stakeholder engagement over the next year culminating in the Battersea Summit in October 2024.
The deadline for applications is the 8th of December, If you have any questions please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.