Our client is a charity dedicated to supporting older people. The charity aspire to a society where all older people are treated with respect and have the opportunity to live fulfilled lives. The organisation run care homes, day care services and a grant giving programme for older people.
Are you an experienced administration professional with a desire to make a difference?
Location: Hybrid Working from home and Central Office, London Victoria
Hours: 14 hours per week (flexible times, to be agreed)
Contract: Fixed term 12 months
Reporting to: Grants Development Manager
Salary:£10,556 per annum (based on a full time equivalent of £26,390)
The charity is looking for a Grants Officer to join their team making small grants for older individuals in financial need. This is an exciting time to join the team. Their strategy for the next few years is about growth of the service to reach more people, with more money.
You will process the grant cycle from beginning to end, seeing the impact the grants have on older people who are struggling financially.
The organisation is looking for someone with a mature outlook, passionate about people, admin and learning about the grant making sector. They need someone who can use Microsoft Office to a high standard, is proficient at using CRM systems, with excellent communication skills.
In return they offer flexible working arrangements within a small, friendly and supportive team, and the chance to make a real difference to those most in need.
- Processing of grant applications including chasing up queries and evidence, supporting referral agents
- Preparing applications for approval
- Signposting of callers to other relevant funders and services
- Administration and collation of data related to the monitoring and evaluation programme
- 1st point of contact for phone calls to the grants line
- Responding to enquiries, including sending out new application packs and providing updates on applications, directing callers to FAQs etc
Why work for the organisation?
They are committed to investing in their teams and their wellbeing, which is why they offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind. The rewards include:
- 25 days annual leave entitlement pro-rata, plus allowance for public bank holidays
- Group Pension Plan, with a 6% contribution from us
- Retail discount schemes to make your salary go further
- Health cash plans for you and your family
- Wellbeing support through various initiatives
- Interest free travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards, that increase with length of service
- Refer a friend to work for the charity and receive a £250 bonus
- Competitive Pay
Closing Date: 11th August 2022 at 00:00
Interview Date: 24th/25th August, central London, to be agreed
To apply, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
The charity strives to be a diverse and inclusive workplace, where everyone can be themselves.
Their ambition is to celebrate and promote equality and diversity, working together to create an inclusive workplace, which attracts and retains the best people. People that care and can make a difference.
The organisation value all of their staff, service users, volunteers and contractors and strive to respect everyone as individuals, understand their perspectives, and provide a supported workplace so that everyone can thrive.
They are committed to listening, learning, and improving the workplace and they ask everyone to make a personal commitment to educate themselves and engage in conversations with colleagues, so that everyone can learn, share stories and treat everyone the same.
They encourage everyone to call out any actions or behaviours not consistent with the charity’s values, and champion the rights of everyone.
The charity would prefer all staff joining the organisationi to have received or be in the process of getting their COVID-19 vaccination. This is to support the protection of staff, residents and wider teams.
No agencies please.