Deputy Head of Volunteering
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
We are currently seeking a Deputy Head of Volunteering to join us on a full-time, permanent basis, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £50,681 - £55,961 per annum (starting on £50,681)
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Staff arts club – including free entry to London galleries
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
This is a fantastic opportunity for a volunteer management professional, with experience of safeguarding, to join our exceptional team.
The NHS has long been considered the UK crown jewel and this is an unrivalled opportunity to use you organisation skills to play a leading role in ensuring our continued success.
By ensuring our volunteers have a rewarding, and safe experience your work will directly contribute to our reputation of excellence.
So, if you are looking for a highly rewarding role, where you will have the opportunity to contribute to one of the most fundamental national institutions, this is the perfect position.
As a Deputy Head of Volunteering, you will manage several programmes within our volunteering portfolio.
Providing excellent leadership to our Volunteering Managers, you will monitor and manage performance, utilising information to inform the development and delivery of learning and improvement opportunities within the department.
Alongside championing volunteering, you will deputise for the Safeguarding Lead, ensuring that our statutory responsibilities towards children and at-risk adults are met. As part of these duties, you will ensure all volunteers, staff and trustees undertake mandatory training.
Additionally, you will:
- Act as a business partner for volunteering matters within other departments
- Manage budgets and risk within volunteering programmes
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
To be considered as a Deputy Head of Volunteering, you will need:
- Experience of safeguarding children and adults at risk
- Experience of delivering operational activities, deploying resources, settings goals and overseeing health and safety
- Experience of evidence-based decision-making to drive performance, strategy and policy
- Experience of leading and motivating teams
- The ability to understand, assess and manage risk in an operational environment
- The ability to write and edit content for a range of audiences, across multiple channels
- Knowledge of safeguarding policy practice, procedures and resources
- Knowledge of best practice in volunteer management with the ability to develop policies
- Excellent data analysis, insight and evaluation skills
Please note the closing date for applications is 16th August 2022.
We've adopted a hybrid working policy, which enables our staff to work at home as well as in the office. For this role, we will require the post-holder to work from our Edgware Road office/hospital site offices for a minimum of two days per week.
All job offers with Imperial Health Charity are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and references. The DBS check level required for this role is enhanced.
Imperial Health Charity reserves the right to close job adverts early if sufficient applications are received prior to the advertised closing date.
Other organisations may call this role Deputy Head of Volunteer Development, Senior Volunteer Development Manager, Volunteer Safeguarding Manager, Deputy Head of Volunteer Safeguarding, Deputy Head of Volunteer Experience, or Senior Volunteering Manager.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can support our fantastic volunteers as a Deputy Head of Volunteering, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.