Business Development and Partnerships Manager
We are looking for a Business Development and Partnerships Manager who is ambitious and invested in conflict transformation.
Position: Business Development and Partnerships Manager
Location: Home based with flexible working
Hours: Full-time position, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: 28 days’ holiday pro rata, employer-contributed pension scheme, flexible working, home-based working
Working closely with the Founder and CEO, the Business Development and Partnerships Manager will play a key role in engaging the private sector, developing meaningful partnerships, and soliciting business and advisory services that will support the private sector to take concrete actions and investments in peace.
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager will lead ambitious and real change in how conflict transformation is understood, applied, and invested in across sectors.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Fundraising and partnerships
- Develop long-lasting trusted partnerships and build a portfolio of partners who engage the not-for-profit in an advisory role on how to action and invest in conflict prevention.
- Engage funders and the private/corporate sector as partners, increasing revenue while at the same time delivering programmatic results.
- Accompany the Founder and/or CEO on meetings with business prospects and undertake necessary follow-up.
Leadership and Management
- Review and adjust key strategic objectives with the private sector in line with our overall business strategy.
- Develop contracts, programmes, and partnerships that support the organisation to deliver on results.
- Effectively engage consultants and interns to deliver results when required.
Programming and external relations
- Develop trusted networks of influence and collaboration, building strong and dynamic relationships across the private sector.
- Lead and organise external events to engage partners and stakeholders on key issues engaging the private sector and multi-stakeholder actors.
- Represent the organisation in business and peacebuilding forums.
- Identify and open up opportunities to communicate BPP’s work, vision and results widely.
Adaptation and Learning
- Contribute to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) frameworks to support adaptation, learning and capturing of results.
- Gather learning, adaptations and results, to disseminate widely
- Work with the wider team to oversee and lead on research, identifying stories, and capturing results that are communicated to inspire action and shifts in the way things are done.
As Business Development and Partnerships Manager, you will be comfortable both in the corporate and not-for-profit worlds. You are dynamic, passionate about investing in peace, and able to engage, influence and inspire others to take action in true partnership. You understand the need for balancing revenue with results and relationships with a drive for success. You work with heart, intention, and determination.
You will be self-motivated and find that your personal values align with Plan for Peace’s values, namely: vision - ‘the future belongs to those that can see it; balance - balancing the left and right brain thinking, effectiveness - doing the inner work through reflective practices; power and presence through courageous conversations; remaining light and resourceful in facilitating and catalysing change; and a dedication to ‘walking the talk’ of conflict transformation by modelling innovative new ways to integrate it throughout organisational approaches.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
About the Organisation
The charity was founded by three times peace prize nominee Dr Scilla Elworthy and is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) whose mission is to generate a groundswell of people from all sectors who believe that a world without destructive conflict is possible and necessary.
You may also have experience in areas such as Corporate Partnerships Manager, Partnerships Officer, Partnerships Account Manager, Partnership Coordinator, Strategic Partnerships Manager, Partner Relationship Manager, Relationship Manager, Business Development Manager, Account Manager, Fundraiser, Membership Fundraising, Face to Face Business Development, Networking, Community Development, Community Fundraiser, Events Fundraiser, etc.