An established charity in Croydon providing a range of services to people with disabilities is looking for our next Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to continue our organisational development so we can continue to provide the best possible service to our clients at our school, our day centre and our residential home for disabled people in south London.
We are an established charity (recently celebrating our 70th anniversary) based in Croydon that works with adults and children with cerebral palsy and other profound, multiple, acquired or other disabilities, particularly those living in the London Boroughs of Croydon, Sutton and Bromley. Our service users, their friends and families, and our committed staff and volunteers, form a vibrant and inclusive community across our three sites.
We are seeking a new CEO who shares our ethos to further develop this fantastic charity, and help us meet the challenges that face all social care providers at the moment, primarily developing funding and staff teams to deliver high quality services during the cost of living crisis and tightening local authority budgets.
Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Location: Croydon, south London (minimum 4 days per week on site)
Contract: permanent, full time
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record at senior management level at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity, in the social care and/or education sector. Ideally, this experience would be in the charity sector.
- Experience of building, managing and developing highly effective teams.
- Proven ability to develop and implement wide-reaching strategic plans that deliver significant change management.
- Experience of managing a construction project and associated funding.
- Strong commercial acumen, with a track record of developing organisational income, especially from commissioned services.
- Experience of financial management, including the management of complex budgets with multiple income sources and areas of expenditure.
- Experience of working effectively with non-executives.
- Track record of successful management of significant projects.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of successfully influencing external stakeholders to deliver tangible benefit to your organisation / service users.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 15th August 2022.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.