Our organisation is looking for an inspirational and dynamic leader who shares our commitment to our mission and values, and to providing people-first and high-quality services, to be our next Chief Executive.
We are a high-profile charity and registered housing provider based in Brighton and working across Sussex, with a national reputation for innovative and pioneering work with homeless people and those with complex needs. We have over 320 staff, over 750 units in housing, and a turnover of circa £17.5m. We provide a diverse range of innovative, client-led services across Sussex that deliver holistic, person-centred support for people experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. In all our work, we pioneer delivery within Psychologically Informed Environments (PIE) both with our clients and our staff team.
We are proud of our history and our long-standing social contribution. We have been providing advice, support and housing for people and vulnerable communities in Brighton and Hove and across Sussex for over 50 years.
We are a confident, forward-looking organisation that is willing to try new ideas and develop new services that benefit our community. We have grown significantly in recent years, but we won’t rest on our laurels. We want to grow further so we can continuously improve our services and reach out to more people who need them. Unfortunately, with the growing cost of living crises, and the ongoing effects of the pandemic, war in Ukraine and climate change, the need for our services will only grow, and we must be there to meet the challenge.
As our Chief Executive, the successful candidate will lead us to meet that challenge both through our delivery of services, but also as an effective advocate for the charity and our clients with a wide range of commissioners and funders, including councils, health, mental health and other providers, as well as with the media and working partners / stakeholders across the county.
Job title: Chief Executive
Salary: circa £90,000
Contract: permanent, full time
Location: Brighton, Sussex
As well as a full commitment to the Mission, Values, and work of our organisation, amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- CEO or senior management team level experience, with wide-ranging responsibility at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity, ideally in at least one of the social housing, charity or public sectors.
- Sector experience in both social housing and support sectors is highly desirable. Experience of both developing and implementing wide-reaching strategic plans ensuring robust delivery and performance.
- Significant experience of developing staff, managing performance, and creating a culture that measures and assures success.
- Evidence of developing strong working relationships with Boards.
- Strong financial management experience.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with proven experience of delivering innovation and excellence to meet identified needs and build competitive advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of being an effective and influential advocate for an organisation with external stakeholders (to include the media), leading to tangible benefits for service users.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 15th August 2022.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.