Be part of Team Rescue and work for a dynamic team of fundraisers dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is an award winning charity based in Uckfield, East Sussex, committed to animal welfare and conservation. At IAR we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We rescue and rehabilitate orangutans in Indonesia, release bears in Armenia from caged captivity, treat injured howler monkeys in Costa Rica and care for dancing bears in India - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
IAR is vibrant in the market place creating exciting appeals for existing supporters as well as a recruitment tool for prospective supporters. We are looking for a very enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will significantly develop the Charity’s fundraising and marketing capacity; increasing its income and taking this vitally important work to the next level. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can support IAR’s growing fundraising and marketing team. This role will suit somebody with significant direct marketing and fundraising experience who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. We are committed to people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please put Direct Marketing as the email subject.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the charity’s integrated direct marketing campaigns in the UK and USA.
• Develop an acquisition programme to recruit new supporters to the work of International Animal Rescue, both in the UK and USA.
• Devise innovative and exciting propositions to increase levels and regularity of donations from supporters.
• Research, recommend and implement new and innovative channels for donor acquisition and recruitment.
• Develop and manage a supporter engagement programme to ensure that every supporter feels connected with IAR and our work.
• Encourage the up sale of the charity’s products to supporters such as adoptions and merchandise as well as devise new product opportunities.
• Support the charity with its pipeline for major donors and philanthropic opportunities.
• Provide marketing analysis on supporter data to influence future campaigns and appeals.
• Ensure that the whole supporter journey is connected and to encourage legacy giving.
• Report monthly on progress and results of direct marketing across the charity.
• Supporting the Development Director and the Fundraising team where appropriate.
Abilities & Competencies:
• Driven to provide the very best supporter experience
• Understands how to assess and support the needs of different groups of supporters
• Passionate about the work of IAR
• Proven project management skills
• Ability to analyse data to prepare performance reports on all activity relating to supporter engagement including direct marketing campaigns
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent writing skills
• Numerically proficient
• Pro-active and self-motivated
• Able to work well as part of a team, including international team
• IT literate, good administrative skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Experience of recruiting significant numbers of new supporters to an organisation (E)
• Experience in driving continuous improvement in the supporter/customer experience (E)
• Experience of managing regular direct marketing appeals. (E)
• Experience of driving up levels of income from related income streams (E)
• Experience of customer relationship marketing and integrated marketing & comms (E)
• Experience of developing regular giving programmes for supporters (D)
• Experience of annual plans, budgetary control regular reporting and managing suppliers (E)
• Experience in developing and co-ordinating fundraising campaigns (E)
• Experience of using databases/crm systems such as Raisers Edge (E)
• Experience of producing campaign marketing materials for supporter communications (E)
• Experience of developing new fundraising streams within an organisation or charity (D)
E: Essential D: Desirable
• Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team
• Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required
• Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
• Ability to think laterally within a small multi-functional fundraising team.
• Commitment to animal welfare and conservation.