Can you lead the this environmental charity's corporate delivery planning process, providing specialist expertise to support the translation of strategy into achievable, prioritised action?
Business Planning Lead Specialist
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,156.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
Duration: Fixed Term Contract, 18 months to 2 years
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
The charity reserves the right to extend or make this role permanent without further advertising dependent on business needs at the end of the contract term.
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, the organisation spend >£100m/year in pursuit of their vision – a world richer in nature. You will be joining a workforce of over 14,000 employees and volunteers dedicated to realising that vision, alongside the charity's many partner organisations. Playing their part in tackling the nature and climate emergency requires the organisation to be even more effective, and better planning has a vital part to play in helping the charity rise to the challenge.
This complex organisation, operates across the four countries of the UK and where they can make a difference overseas. They manage over 200 nature reserves, influence policy and legislation and deliver many research, conservation and people engagement projects.
In summary, the charity need your expertise and energy to ensure they make the best use of the charitable resources entrusted to them, championing the creation of plans that are ambitious and achievable.
Key activities will include:
- Facilitating the planning cycle, culminating in the production of an annual corporate plan which reflects a rolling three-year delivery pipeline.
- In support of this, identifying and implementing leading edge planning techniques and processes and helping define/develop and embed relevant standards, frameworks and/or policies.
- Monitoring the internal delivery environment and external developments; effective liaison with other planning and functional specialists to identify opportunities for, and risks to, strategy delivery.
- Initiating and presenting analysis and findings at senior management and occasionally Trustee level; producing a quarterly progress report against corporate plan for Management Board and Council.
- Leading development of the business planning specialism: co-ordinating an internal practitioners’ network, helping define the professional skills and capabilities needed for high performance, celebrating successes, and promoting the charity's values and positive behaviours.
What the organisation is looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of business planning and strategic change programme delivery in a large organisation with supporting qualifications
- An awareness of the charity's charitable mission and context for strategy delivery.
- Proven leadership and facilitation skills, able to form collaborative working relationships with a diverse network of internal stakeholders, navigating uncertainty and politics.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision and standards for business planning; encouraging others to buy into and support achievement of these and overcome any barriers to progress
- Business management skills to understand strategy, business functions and decision-making, financial statements and performance metrics; logical and analytical approach
- Motivated to take responsibility for own personal development.
Closing date: 23:59, Sun, 17th Jul 2022
The organisation is looking to conduct interviews for this position on 25 July or 26 July
As part of this application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
To apply, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.