We have a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied role using a range of practical and customer service skills. You will need to be reliable and committed and provide efficient administration of bookings, payments, invoices and other administrative tasks associated with the running of the Grange Pavilion The Grange Pavilion Administrator post will be responsible for establishing long-term administration policies and procedures, will lead on the administrative day-to-day running of the Grange Pavilion to support the Grange Pavilion Development Manager, will lead on day to day running when the Development Manager is not on duty, and will support the Grange Pavilion in developing long-term financial stability.
The Grange Pavilion will transfer from Cardiff University legal ownership to Grange Pavilion CIO legal ownership in 2022-2023, and this role will support Cardiff University and Grange Pavilion CIO in the administration of this transition.
- Deal with all enquiries including; face to face, email, telephone and web site
- Be the first point of contact for all community centre visitors
- Establish and maintain an effective system of administration and arrange the booking, hiring and invoicing procedures, working with the room booking volunteer
- Oversee management of the calendar to ensure that all groups are recorded and prioritised accordingly
- Consult with users to ensure services are appropriate and needs led; support regular hirers as required to enable their group to succeed
- Ensure the smooth running of the Grange Pavilion and put in place clear lines of responsibility for security, health and safety and maintenance
- Monitor and updating the risk register
- Support the preparation of Board papers and maintain strong relationships with board members and attend Board meetings when required
- Oversee raising of invoices for room hire payment, check payments received, and maintain an accurate record of income received
- Pay cash and cheques into the bank, ensure all invoices and expenses claims for suppliers are paid in a timely manner and records are maintained
Publicity and Communications
- Oversee maintenance of the website and social media channels
- Network and promote Grange Pavilion to develop and maintain links with existing supporters
- Build relationships with communities, groups, individuals and partners
- Support and work alongside the Manager in the organisation and promotion of activities, events and projects as required
Other Responsibilities and Job Requirements
- The post holder will require a flexible approach and may be required to work weekends and evenings to support activities within Grange Pavilion
- There will be a requirement to assist with setting up events or dismantling tables and chairs to take to storage, therefore the post holder must be reasonably fit and able to do this.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of post
- The ability to work flexibly and respond to the changing needs of the Centre is a crucial part of this role.
- Support the administration of the legal transfer of ownership from Cardiff University to Grange Pavilion CIO
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1. Substantial experience of building management
2. Specialist knowledge of appropriate administrative systems and processes linked to facility
3. Ability to assist with standard office systems and procedures and discuss improvements as
Appropriate with the Manager.
4. Skills/experience in budget/financial management
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
5. Ability to communicate detailed and complex information effectively and professionally with a
wide range of people
6. Experience of managing volunteers,
7. Evidence of ability to explore customers’ needs and adapt the service accordingly to ensure a
quality service is delivered.
Planning, Analysis and Problem solving
8. Evidence of ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identifying and proposing
practical solutions and resolving problems with range of potential outcomes
9.. Evidence of knowledge of relevant legislation and policy concerning facility management
A willingness to undertake further training and development
Desirable Criteria (if appropriate)
1. A practical, well-organised individual with good time-management skills and a practiced
2. Experience of community engagement / good people skills
3. Demonstrable understanding/experience of Grangetown, its history and cultural significance
4. Fluency in Welsh, written and oral
5. Fluency in other languages spoken in Grangetown