Location: Remote or WAGGGS World Bureau (London)
Duration of the contract: Fixed-term contractor (unless in UK – then fixed-term employee) until end of September 2023
Salary/Fee: Negotiable £24,000 - £31,000 GBP per year adjustable to location and experience
Application closing date: 10th July 2022
Starting date: As soon as possible and must be before September 2022
Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, make friends and have fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to change themselves, their communities, and our world. The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) keeps the global Movement thriving, united and growing. This role operates within the context of a volunteer led global charitable organisation with 152 Member Organisations (MOs).
About the Role:
This role will be responsible for leading the delivery of a climate change programme for 12,000 girls in nine WAGGGS Member Organizations, which are national Girl Guide or Girl Scout associations (in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Dominica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St.
Lucia and Trinidad and Tobago). You will work closely with girls and young women, leaders, MOs, colleagues, and partners with expertise in climate change to oversee the completion of the new programme for girls to learn, take action and advocate for change. Your skills in managing multiple work streams, budgets and work relationships will deliver an excellent programme with strong results within the project timeline.
The curriculum has already been finalized and you will be taking care of supporting and monitoring the rollout from the MOs side.
To be considered as a Programme Manager, you will need:
- Online project planning and implementation experience
- Experience managing the development of educational resources for children or youth
- Experience leading multiple project teams
- Budget management experience
- Experience running projects to targets and reporting to donors
- Experience managing large teams of volunteers
- Experience running multilanguage programmes
- Experience with youth and children’s movements, ideally with Guiding or Scouting
- To be fluent in spoken and written Spanish and English
- A Project Management qualification or qualification by skills and experience
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position, please select the apply button shown to download the recruitment pack and submit your cover letter & CV.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.