This is a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced senior fundraiser to generate income and enable individuals, communities, small businesses and large corporates to give local and support good causes in Haringey.
You will be confident in seizing and maximising opportunities, developing new ways to increase supporter engagement, conversion and retention, researching potential new partners and developing the pipeline of relevant companies. You’ll be ready to follow up on warm leads from Haringey Giving’s corporate partner relationships, associated networks and supply chains.
Haringey is a highly diverse borough and we warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, particularly candidates from BAME and other under-represented groups.
The Development Manager will lead and develop donor recruitment and retention of individual and corporate donors to support the objectives of Haringey Giving.
The aim of this post is to work within a small team, building relationships with new and existing individual and corporate donors to maximise income for Haringey Giving. The role will lead the development of creative campaigns and strategies to broaden and develop donor relationships and help support our vital work to meet the needs of disadvantaged people and communities.
Haringey Giving is an independent partnership led by local residents, which works closely with community organisations, local businesses and funders across Haringey. We raise funds to invest in our borough, encourage others to volunteer their time and enable people in Haringey to take action on the things that matter to them.
We are a relatively new initiative that is making a big impact across Haringey and we are growing our core team to scale up our activity. We are part of a network of place-based giving schemes across London who are leveraging resources to support local communities. Haringey Giving is administered by the Bridge Renewal Trust.
We are a proactive within the London’s Giving network and our small team draws on a wide range of skills from the Haringey Giving Board, including expertise in fundraising, communications, programme development and grant making.
Purpose of the Job
Leading on and developing our approach to income generation and achieving ambitious targets to support our grant making and core activities through individual and corporate giving. The Development Manager will be responsible for recruitment and stewardship of supporters, ensuring an excellent donor experience, and maximising retention to support Haringey Giving’s activities.
Principal Tasks Service delivery and co-ordination
- To be responsible for recruitment of supporters, leading the development of effective fundraising campaigns, events and resources ensuring an excellent experience for donors.
- To create compelling supporter proposals and packages to enable a wide range of residents, corporates, employees and high-net-worth individuals to give local through Haringey Giving.
Donor retention and stewardship
- To be responsible for maximising retention and stewardship of supporters, collaborating with the team to optimise lifetime value from individual and corporate donors.
- Creating and developing regular giving and donor retention campaigns; analysing and profiling donors to inform future activity.
- To account manage and build existing and new senior level relationships with SMEs, larger corporates and the local authority to secure and expand donations.
- To utilise existing networks and supply chains to leverage corporate and employee payroll giving.
Communications and engagement
- To handle supporter administration, thanking donors, preparing partnership agreements, invoicing, reporting, and record-keeping on a central database.
- To provide ongoing stewardship and a calendar of communications and events to ensure all donors are up to date with relevant news, updates and fundraising opportunities.
- To gather and utilise data, insights, learnings and case studies for individual and corporate donor recruitment and retention activity.
- To work collaboratively and convene meetings with internal and external partners, to identify and secure individual and corporate donations.
Leadership and management of people
- In co-ordination with the Director of Haringey Giving, to develop individual and corporate giving strategies which achieve high targets and enable Haringey Giving to achieve its objectives.
- To contribute towards the development of Haringey Giving, and to lead by example, upholding Bridge codes of conduct, policies and working practices.
- To support and supervise any staff and volunteers, as assigned, to ensure performance targets are met.
- To use Microsoft Office programmes, shared drives and the Haringey Giving website effectively to ensure good internal communications and a team approach.
- To take part in Haringey Giving and Bridge Renewal Trust events and activities as agreed with your line manager.
- To support fundraising applications, proposals and tenders to extend or expand the resources available to Haringey Giving.
- To promote a positive team environment and work well as part of the Trust staff team in order to meet the Trust’s charitable purpose.
Community involvement and partnership working
- To increase the participation of local residents, volunteers, SMEs and corporates in Haringey Giving’s fundraising activities, including our annual Haringey Giving Week campaign.
- To contribute to and maintain effective working relationships with residents, voluntary and community groups, statutory and public sector organisations, businesses and funding bodies.
- To understand, promote and implement the Trust’s safeguarding policy, recognising that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
- To comply with the statutory provisions of all Health and Safety, associated legislations and all Trust policies and procedures including commitment to ethical and environmentally sustainable practices.
- To be able to work flexible hours to meet the service needs including working occasional evenings and weekends.
- To undertake appropriate training as and when required.
- To recognise that the above-mentioned responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To understand, promote and implement the Trust’s equality policy, recognising social and cultural diversity in the delivery of services, access to facilities and volunteer supervision
Disclosure & Barring This post may require a DBS check.
The Bridge Renewal Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to addressing and preventing health, social and economic inequalities experienced by the diverse communities in Tottenham and the surrounding areas. We are committed to equal opportunities in terms of employment and service delivery in relation to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, and disability.
Person Specification – Development Manager (Haringey Giving)
1.Management and office IT experience, including:
- A proven track record of individual and corporate donor recruitment and stewardship, and significant income generation – Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Proven experience of generating new corporate partnerships, completer-finisher skills to ‘close’ the deal, and the confidence to meet targets - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Demonstrable rapport-building, and articulate and persuasive communication skills including preparing and presenting pitches at senior level - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
- A demonstrable history of converting new/cold leads to income regularly and an ability to liaise with industries you have never worked in before - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- A strong understanding of the latest digital trends and demonstrate creative and technical skills to deliver successful digital fundraising activities - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Experience of audience segmentation campaign analysis and testing methods, reporting successes & learnings, income recording and tracking - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Experience of working collaboratively to develop imaginative and compelling proposals - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
- Demonstrable rapport-building with high-net-worth donors - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
- Experience of using a donor database or client relationship management system - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
- Experience of successful donor event management - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
- Managing staff and/ or volunteers - Desirable (Application form/Interview)
2. Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Supporting and engaging individuals and groups from a wide range of backgrounds - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Excellent copy writing skills, providing relevant information and support to donors- Essential (Application form/Interview) including the mailing and electronic distribution of materials and resources - Essential (Application form/ Interview/ Assessment)
- Organising and administration skills, including proficient use of Information Technology including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and social media tools - Essential (Application form/ Interview/ Assessment)
- Excellent project management, record-keeping, reporting, stewardship skills and systems - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Using initiative and managing own workload to meet tight deadlines - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Ability to gather and interpret data and intelligence of what motivates donors to give - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes - Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Readiness to work flexibly and efficiently as part of a small team, recognising the need to work occasional evenings and weekends - Essential (Application form/Interview)
3. Qualifications and special requirements
- Commitment to/evidence of continuous professional development- Essential (Application form/Interview)
- Relevant experience or qualifications in fundraising, sales, customer care or marketing- Essential (Application form)
- Educated to A-level or equivalent, with great communication and interpersonal skills- Essential (Application form)
To apply, please email your CV with contact details of two referees, a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification and completed equal opportunities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haringey Giving is administered by the Bridge Renewal Trust, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under number 06949568 and registered as a Charity number 1131941.