We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join the team as Scheme Manager.
Position: Scheme Manager and Deputy Clerk to the Trustees
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension contribution, 34 days’ leave including Bank Holidays, Employee Assistance Programme and free onsite parking.
Closing Date: 9.00am on Thursday 14th July 2022
Interview Date: Monday 18th July 2022
The Scheme Manager is responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of the accommodation that makes up the Hospital almshouse portfolio, for enabling its residents to live independently, for managing budgets and for reporting to and liaising closely with Trustees, either directly or through the Clerk to the Trustees.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Supporting residents across all sites
- Management of resident appointments
- Trustees, Staff, Management and systems
As Scheme Manager and Deputy Clerk to the Trustees, you will have experience of working with the elderly, an understanding of the benefits system or willingness to learn, and an appreciation of the challenges that the Hospital residents - whether current or potential future appointees - might face.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A good general level of education and evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the support landscape for the elderly including the benefits system and housing support and the ability to signpost residents to the support available to them
- Previous experience of working with the elderly and an understanding of the challenges that they might face
- Management experience
- A high level of emotional intelligence with the ability to understand and work effectively with people
- An interest in national policy, law and best practice in areas including almshouses, supported housing, older people and benefits
- The ability to plan and manage own workload often juggling conflicting priorities
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively to different audiences and to produce clear, compelling and concise reports, correspondence etc
About the Organisation
The Hospital is a traditional almshouse that has existed on its present site in the heart of Chichester since the end of the thirteenth century; not as part of a religious order but as an independent Christian foundation. Today the charity provides good quality, affordable supported accommodation to those in need, working closely with local partners in the housing and charity sectors. The Hospital enjoys an operational partnership with Chichester Cathedral, which provides it with a range of support services.
You may also have experience in areas such as Social Housing, Care Worker, Care and Support Worker, Care and Support Officer, Care Home Manager, Care Home Team Leader, Social Care Manager, Care Manager, Care Home, Social Care and Benefits Manager, Elderly Care, Geriatric Care, Family Support Manager, Family Liaison, Almshouse Manager, Scheme Manager, Lead Scheme Manager, Assistant Scheme Manager, Service Manager, Deputy Service Manager, Service Lead, Programme Manager, Programme Lead, Depty Clerk, Clerk to the Trustees, Day Service Manager, Social Housing Manager.