Please note that this position includes some evening and weekend working.
(Flexible working/home working may form part of this role)
We need a go getting lively dynamic fundraiser who thrives on working with people. Want to make St Christopher’s the charity of choice in SE London? This job is for you!
We are seeking a Senior Community Fundraiser to join our Community and Events Team, and be the face and voice of the hospice. You’ll manage the Community Fundraiser whose main focus is on the sporting events programme. Build long term relationships with individuals and local groups to fundraise and build awareness of the incredible care the hospice provides across our 5 London Boroughs.
This is an exciting time to join as you will have the opportunity to put your stamp on our community programme. With a strong focus on bringing in new community partnerships, increasing the level of community support and income through the pro-active engagement.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing and leading on the development and delivery of the community fundraising programme to manage, retain and recruit supporters and volunteers to maximise income;
- Pro-actively engaging, sourcing, securing and managing community fundraising relationships with local groups, clubs, organisations and individuals;
- Providing strong and decisive leadership to the Community Fundraiser (sporting challenges) to drive high-performance.
About you: We are looking for someone who is solutions focussed and a great team player. You’ll be a self-starter, enthusiastic and driven with strong team working ethic who is willing to take the initiative and pro-actively engage with community supporters. Confident, articulate, outgoing and with excellent customer service skills, and someone who can communicate empathetically when dealing with supporters.
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you.
Please see the job description and person specification on our website for full details of the role. If you wish to discuss the role informally, before applying, please contact Georgie, Community and Event Fundraising Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
About us: St Christopher’s Hospice was founded in 1967 by Dame Cicely Saunders and formed part of the modern hospice movement. Proudly celebrating more than 50 years and with a turnover of over £20 million, we provide invaluable care and support to over 6,000 people across the five London Boroughs of Bromley, Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark.
What you will get in return is a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community. In addition you will benefit from access to excellent training and development opportunities, a number of health and wellbeing schemes, a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan. You will also have access to free on street parking nearby and an onsite staff canteen at our Sydenham site.
What you need to do now If you have a fundraising, marketing or sales background and you have initiative, enthusiasm and passion for the work of a hospice please do apply for this great role.
Other details about the role
- Hours: 36 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- Location: working from home and in the office
- Closing date: 18th July 2022 at Midnight
- Interview dates:
- First round interviews will take place remotely on W/c 25th July 2022. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to prepare a presentation prior to the interview to present on the day.
- Second round interviews will take place on w/c 1st August 2022 at our London office.
How to apply:
- Please review the Job Description, Person Specification Criteria
- Please address the criteria in the person specification form. This information will be used to select candidates for interview.
- Please complete the application form and return it to our Recruitment inbox email@example.com
Closing Date: 18th July 2022 at Midnight
Provisional Interview Date (s): 1st round of interviews w/c 25 July 2022 and 2nd round of interviews w/c 1st August 2022
In the event we receive a high amount of applications, we reserve the right to close the job earlier than the initial closing date.