- £37,606 to £40,934 (dependent on experience, pro-rata)
- 40 hours per week (option of 32 hours)
- Flexibility required, including evenings and weekends
HideOut Youth Zone’s state-of-the-art £6.6m facility opened in September 2020 to provide an engaging and inspiring place for thousands of young people aged 8 – 19 (up to 25 for those with additional needs) to spend their leisure time. Open 7-nights a week, 52-weeks a year plus school holidays, the Youth Zone’s incredible facilities include a 3G pitch, 30ft climbing wall, boxing/mixed martial arts gym, 4-court sports hall, sensory room, fitness suite, recreation area and dance, arts, music and media suites and much more.
This is an exciting and formative time for HideOut Youth Zone as we move towards our full capacity offer (having first opened during the Covid-19 pandemic). Two years on from opening, we are seeking to expand our successful Patrons programme by inspiring other individuals in and around Manchester to offer their support with annual donations ranging from £25k to six-figure gifts, whilst also building a broad programme of support upwards of £1k. The Philanthropy Manager will play an integral role in this endeavour, working with the Director of Fundraising, the CEO, key members of the Board and our existing Founder Patrons to generate new philanthropic income for our work with children & young people and stewarding existing supporters.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrable track record of income generation through personally securing at least four figure major donor gifts from high-net-worth individuals.
- Experience of developing a new pipeline of high-net-worth individual prospects and being pro-active in converting these to active donors.
- Experience of delivering effective and practical fundraising strategies.
- A sound understanding of high-net-worth fundraising techniques and processes. An ability to think and act strategically to move forward high net worth donor relationships, understanding their needs and motivations.
- Ability to build rapport with new contacts, quickly and effortlessly. Strong and persuasive written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to listen.
- High level of determination and resilience that, through innovative approaches, delivers exceptional results
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by children and young people.
- A clear commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and demonstrable impact in this area.
Full details including a job description with person specification can be found on the vacancies page of our website. In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
WHY WORK FOR HIDEOUT
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to be part of the HideOut team and to help to create a long-lasting legacy for young people in the area. The benefits of working for HideOut include an onsite fitness suite, 33 days annual leave pro rata, learning & development opportunities, branded workwear and Employee Assistance Programme (to see all benefits please view the job details page).
The strength of HideOut and the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
Please complete a HideOut Youth Zone Application Form (found at www.hideoutyouthzone.org/vacancies/) and email together with a copy of your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 10am on 22nd July 2022
For further information about HideOut Youth Zone please visit our website: www.hideoutyouthzone.org
For information regarding how we process your data, please click here: https://www.onsideyouthzones.org/applicant-privacy
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE