Head of Safeguarding
London (with flexible, hybrid working and travel to services across the country)
We are Advance, a women-only organisation dedicated to helping women cope and recover from experiences of domestic abuse, as well as women who are at risk of offending or with short-term sentences to reduce offending.
We’re currently looking for a Head of Safeguarding to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £48,000 - £55,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Pension scheme
- 30 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- A day off for International Women’s Day, for religious observance and moving home
- Enhanced maternity/adoption benefits (full pay) up to 12 weeks
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Various forms of well-being support and access to our Wellness platform
- Employee eye-care scheme
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Organisation wide Away Days
This is a brilliant opportunity for a high calibre individual with experience of working in a senior safeguarding role to use their expertise and skill set to help strengthen the safeguarding culture across our organisation.
Not only will you step into a rewarding role where the work you do will help countless women, but you will also get to join an organisation that has the feminist agenda at the core of its ethos and everything it does.
So, if you believe in our values; to listen and support, empower and respect, collaborate, innovate and take accountability, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Safeguarding, you will ensure that an excellent safeguarding culture and comprehensive safeguarding practices are embedded across our organisation.
In this new role, you will ensure we meet all safeguarding obligations and provide regular updates to the Senior Management Team and the Board of Trustees.
You will promote continuous learning and development and will also manage safeguarding casework and investigations.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure services and activities keep people safe from harm
- Provide leadership through a matrix structure
- Improve overall reporting and safeguarding practices
To be considered as our Head of Safeguarding, you will need:
- Experience working in a senior safeguarding role, ideally within the charity or third sector
- Knowledge of the statutory, regulatory and legislative frameworks associated with safeguarding in a charitable organisation
- The ability to oversee the management of high-volume safeguarding caseloads
This role is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as you can.
Other organisations may call this role Safeguarding Lead, Senior Safeguarding Manager, or Safeguarding Specialist.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BAME backgrounds and the LBT community.
So, if you’re looking for a rewarding role as our Head of Safeguarding, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.