Childline Supervisor - Leeds
As a Childline Supervisor you will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a safe and effective helpline service for children and young people through volunteers.
Position: Childline Supervisor
Salary: £30,199 per annum plus 3.5% rota allowance
Hours: Full time 35hrs per week
Closing date: 30th June 2022
About the role
You will have the ability to provide effective supervision to volunteers and staff including feedback, training and support where needed and ensuring that a quality response is given to every child or young person who contacts the helpline.
You will have the proven ability to engage with children and young people as well as up to date knowledge of child protection systems, best practice, research and legislation and the ability to make child protection risk assessments.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following:
- A social care, health or education professional or have substantial and extensive experience
- Ability to write high quality, evidenced child protection risk assessments
- Driven by making a difference
- Up-to-date knowledge of child protection legislation
- Some supervisor or management experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of the needs of children and their psychosocial development
- Good IT skills
- You will be committed to protecting and enhancing the lives of children and young people
As an organisation, the charity are committed to creating and fostering a culture that promotes safeguarding and the welfare of all children and adults at risk. Their safer recruitment practices support this by ensuring that there is a consistent and thorough process of obtaining, collating, analysing and evaluating information from and about candidates to ensure that all persons appointed are suitable to work with our children and adults.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Helpline Service Assistant, Helpline Manager, Child Helpline Manager, Child Protection, Helpline Coordinator Telephone Advisor, Operations Executive, Helpline Officer, Helpline Support, etc.