Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. Our goal is to transform the life of every person impacted by a cleft lip or palate. As the world’s largest cleft charity, we train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free, life-changing surgery and comprehensive cleft treatment to our global beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
Smile Train UK is looking for exceptional people to join a world-wide team of dedicated, passionate, professionals. Our team are creative and highly motivated individuals working to make a positive impact.
With our global headquarters in New York, Smile Train UK is the largest international fundraising entity outside of the United States and makes a significant impact to our global fundraising targets. We are looking for an experienced corporate fundraising manager on a maternity cover basis for up to 12 months, with additional responsibility to support Trust and Foundation fundraising activity.
Reporting to the Director, Smile Train UK, the Manager, Corporate and Trusts will be responsible for identifying and securing new corporate funding opportunities, while maintaining and developing the existing portfolio of corporate partnerships, including the delivery of excellent donor stewardship, delivery of bespoke communications and Smile Train updates, supporting the delivery of and attendance at key events.
Having recently commissioned a strategic review of Trust and Foundation fundraising, responsibilities will also include approximately two days per week working closely with and providing strategic support to the Development Manager for the delivery of the key recommendations of the Trust fundraising review.
The Smile Train UK team currently work a hybrid model of remote home and office working, with a minimum requirement of attending one in-person meeting per month at our current WeWork offices in central London. Additional, in-person meetings in London or elsewhere will be required as necessary, in order to meet the demands of the role.
- Maintain and develop the existing portfolio of corporate partners, identifying new opportunities to increase the scope and existing support of partnerships and delivers regular financial and Smile Train updates.
- Research, identify and prioritize strategic approaches to potential new corporate supporters who align with Smile Train’s core values and vision to transform the lives of people born with cleft globally.
- Work collaboratively with the Smile Train UK Director, fundraising team, US and other international colleagues to identify new opportunities for corporate engagement, sponsorship and increasing brand awareness.
- Manage the Corporate Partnerships income and expenditure budget lines, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner and within the agreed annual performance targets, including the preparation of quarterly performance reports for the UK Board of Trustees.
- Direct responsibility for the in-depth research and due diligence process when onboarding new corporate partners, including working collaboratively with our In-House Counsel to ensure the effective mutual agreement and approval of all new and renewing partnership contracts.
- Support the Development Manager (approximately 2 days per week) in the delivery of the Trust and Foundation strategic recommendations, and \ identify additional new opportunities for funding.
- Ensure any external communication and/or joint branding opportunities are fully compliant with Smile Train’s Brand Guidelines.
- Act as an appropriate Ambassador for Smile Train externally and at donor and other fundraising events as appropriate.
- Undertake other additional duties as required.
Skills and experience:
- Education to GCSE level equivalent or above.
- Minimum of 3 years, proven success and experience in a corporate fundraising environment, or commercial equivalent, including experience of meeting or achieving financial targets.
- Capacity to manage and develop a number of diverse corporate relationships simultaneously.
- Excellent relationship building skills and a successful track record of creating mutually beneficial corporate partnerships.
- Experience of fundraising from Trusts and Foundations.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills. Experience at writing and delivering corporate presentations and partnership pitches to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work highly effectively both independently and collaboratively as part of a dynamic, highly successful fundraising team.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Excel, proven experience of using Salesforce or a comparable fundraising database.
Smile Train believes that a workforce made up of people from diverse social, racial, economic, and cultural backgrounds results in a dynamic workplace and enhances the important work that we do. We are committed providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital/familial status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual and reproductive health decisions, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.
To be considered, please submit a resume and a supporting statement that describes why you believe you would be the strongest fit for Smile Train UK and this role.
The application deadline is 1 July 2022. We encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.