Children & Young People’s Practitioners, Residential (Nights)
Location: Working from our residential unit, Yvonne House in SW8 (Zone 2). Office based in SE11 (Zone 1).
Salary: £26,400 pa + £1,000 bonus for successful completion of Diploma + Travel to work + Pension + Staff Wellbeing Fund (+ opportunities for extra pay through overtime)
Hours: Full-time (36 hrs pw) and part time, shift work
We are recruiting C&YP Practitioners to work exclusively on night shifts in our all-female residential setting for young care leavers, aged 16-17 years old.
Practitioners working nights build warm, caring and empowering relationships with young women through: supporting their social and emotional development; engagement in evening sports, culture, and arts activities; and in responding to incidents and accidents.
This is an important and significant role in helping young care leavers thrive and fulfil their potential.
The full-time position is exclusively night shift working, 8.30pm to 8.30am, over 3 nights per week with occasional weekend working.
The part-time position is exclusively night shift working, 8.30pm to 8.30am, at weekends.
We are passionate about learning and development and committed to providing an outstanding experience for all Practitioners, both full-time and part-time.
Do you have
- Experience of working with young people - e.g., mentor, coach, TA, youth/community work, mental health, volunteering.
- A commitment to making a difference to young people in care – building warm and caring relationships and organising and participating in evening activities.
- Strong values and a commitment to inclusion, diversity and equality.
- An understanding of the impact of trauma and secondary trauma.
- An ability to understand, recognise and respond appropriately to risk.
- Ambition matched with a desire for continuous professional development.
Salary & Benefits
We believe all staff should be paid well for work that delivers excellent services and changes the lives of young people in and leaving care.
As a result we offer:
- Competitive Sector Salary (including options to flex working hours up or down) + Work Related Travel + Pension Contribution
- Generous Annual Leave - 37 Days pro-rata, including Bank Holidays.
- Wellbeing Budget (£25 per month for all staff to encourage self-care)
- Monthly wellbeing time
- Training and Support – online modules, group training and personal training budget
- Line Management and Therapeutic 1:1 Supervision, and Therapeutic Group Supervision monthly
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Closing date: 5pm, 4 July 2022
Interviews: w/c 11 July 2022
Start date: Mid August
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.