I am excited to be recruiting for a Compliance and Payroll Officer for our busy Finance team! Harris Hill is a dynamic and innovative charity recruitment agency, and we are looking for a Compliance and Payroll Officer for a 12-month FTC maternity cover.
This varied role will see you carrying out compliance checks for the busy Temporary Staff & Independent Schools team and Finance & Payroll duties for the wider team. We are a successful, busy and growing organisation, whilst we would describe ourselves as corporate, we also have a unique family feel!
Finance and payroll responsibilities:
- Chase and process weekly timesheets.
- Run the weekly payroll within timescales and produce relevant reports for external payroll company.
- Pay Limited/Umbrella temps separately and upload to online banking and invoices to Sage50
- Reconcile timesheet reports from payroll company.
- Deal with payroll queries.
- Request P45s/P60s and holiday pay from payroll company for all starters and leavers from payroll company.
- Produce weekly reporting on payroll, compliance, profit, and any other requirements.
- Issue all client invoices, ensuring PO numbers are chased and attached where relevant.
- Input journals and posting on Sage50.
- Chase payments from customers over the phone and by email (credit control)
- Keep timesheet portal data up to date by adding and removing temps and placements weekly.
- Any other finance and payroll duties as required by the company.
- Check Right to Work documents prior to candidates starting in a temporary booking.
- Maintain accurate worker, client and assignment data on the portal and ensure full compliance.
- Collect all references for candidates.
- Check in with clients when sending invoices for permanent candidates starting in new roles.
- Send quality questionnaires to candidates and clients, save and pass on the feedback to consultants.
- Deal with general compliance queries.
- Carry out DBS, NCTL and Barring checks when required.
- Process AWR.
- Any other ad hoc projects as required by the company.
Sage50 knowledge and experience.
Experience or an understanding of temporary staff payroll.
If you have the above skill and experience and would like to hear more, please apply online today!