Our client, a Children’s Charity is seeking to recruit a Head of Finance and Operations on a permanent, part-time (28 hours per week) or full time (35 hours per week) basis.
Head of Finance and Operations
Ref: HFO June 2022
Hours: Part time (28 hours per week), although open to those seeking full time (35 hours per week) employment. This is a permanent post and some flexible working also considered.
Salary: £40k - 44k Actual (FTE 50k - 55k) depending on experience and qualifications
Based: Camden, London
They are a grant-giving charity that provides practical, tangible, direct help that makes an immediate difference to children and young people, as well as their parents and families.
They do this through funding wheelchairs, specialist equipment, adapted accessible transport in the form of their Sunshine Coaches and memorable experiences through their Great Days Out programme. They aim to help children have fewer bad days and more great days by facilitating their independence, freedom, dignity, and greater self-esteem, so helping them to make the most of their childhood. Their focus is on supporting children aged eighteen and under.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Confidently lead on all aspects of financial planning, management, reporting and compliance.
- Support the Chief Executive with financial forecasts and business modelling.
- Ensure effective systems and controls are in place that safeguard the management of company finances.
- Supervise the work of their internal finance manager and ensure the timely preparation of reports for the Chief Executive, trustees, and auditors.
- Lead the development of robust financial processes and procedures that prioritise efficiency, profitability, and financial stability.
- Produce accurate quarterly management accounts including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts for the Chief Executive, Audit, Finance and Risk Committee and their Board.
- Oversee the smooth completion of the annual audit liaising closely with our auditors and internal finance manager and other staff.
- Maintain their risk register and contribute to risk management for the organisation.
- Lead the management and operation of their Head Office premises to ensure compliance with legal, health and safety and other requirements.
- Communicate and negotiate with senior stakeholders on finance, property, and business development.
- Supervise the HR and Office Manager and oversee HR processes including recruitment, contracts, staff development etc.
- Supervise the IT Manager and ensure the availability of their cloud-based IT systems and other related resources.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience at a senior level in the not-for-profit sectors.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification e.g., CCAB/CIMA accountancy qualification.
- Excellent financial leadership including setting and managing budgets, preparing management accounts, producing business analyses, and completing audits in line with SORP for a turnover of at least £1 million per annum.
- Experience of operational business planning and strategic financial management.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience of drafting financial plans/forecasts for fundraising and business proposals.
This position will be based officially at their head office in Camden, London however, they are willing to consider some flexible working as deemed appropriate.
As per their commitment to safeguarding, an appropriate DBS check will need to be undertaken by any successful applicant.
Closing Date: Monday 11th July 2022 at 9am
Please make sure to include reference ‘HFO June 2022’ in the subject heading of your application.
Registration of Interest:
After you have followed the job board process in the first instance, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with instructions on how to complete your application.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder and disregard any automated email correspondence from the job board.
Unfortunately, they are unable to reply to everyone who applies, so only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Please note applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and chosen candidates interviewed as appropriate, so you are encouraged to apply immediately. They therefore reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than advertised if sufficient applications are received, and they are successful in recruiting from early applications.
No agencies please.