About STEP Academy Trust
What’s your ambition? That’s one of the first things we ask our staff. Because with STEP Academy Trust you can create the career path you want.
We are a growing community of primary academies that strive together for excellence. Work with us, and we’ll invest in your career and give you an unrivalled benefits package. And the chance to make a difference to our children’s lives.
OUR SUCCESS STARTS WITH YOU
We know it’s the exceptional quality of our staff that’s key to our success. We are always looking to recruit talented professionals who share our moral purpose. All our staff – from Trustees to NQTs, admin teams to Headteachers, all believe passionately in our mission and values. And if you share our drive to improve the life chances of all children, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you’ll want to join us…
We are committed to supporting you develop in your career. We want you to do well, that’s why we offer:
- Great opportunities for accelerated promotion – right across our multi academy trust
- Fully funded leadership training courses (NPQML, NPQSL, NPQH)
- Fully funded Masters and PhD courses
- At least seven NQT development days each year
And with free lunch everyday, we’ll keep you well fed too.
…and why you’ll want to stay
If you need any more reasons to join us, take a look at these great benefits of working for STEP academies:
- Rapid dissemination of best practice across the group
- Innovative staffing arrangements – giving you the chance to work in different STEP academies
- Sharing of expertise, teachers and best practice
- Passion - We have the ability to profoundly change children’s lives. The stakes are incredibly high. So we ensure that our pupils receive the same quality education we would want for our own children.
- Urgency - Every moment counts. Children spend a finite amount of time in education, so every day a child spends at a STEP Academy is productive, learning-rich and happy.
- Positivity - We are positive and supportive of each other – creating a culture of high expectations and success.
- Aspiration - We all aim for excellence in our individual professional roles. This reflects our motto ‘Striving together for excellence in partnership’.
- Commitment - We go the extra mile for our children. We put their needs first and give them the best possible education.
The STEP Compass
Our mission, vision and values are at the heart of our work. From this stem the four points on our compass – guiding our communities and ensuring that we are all headed in the same direction.
STEP First – we are all one team
We are one team, one family. Our shared mission, vision and values form the solid foundations to all our work.
STEP Way – We agree to do things like this
As a united team, we agree to do certain things, the same way. We co-create and review everything that goes into the STEP Way, and once agreed, we all work consistently.
STEP Up – We all succeed together
By supporting each other, all members of STEP – academies, groups and individuals – succeed together, as a community.
- High quality CPD, training with colleagues from across the group
- Excellent shared services – catering, premises, finance and IT – all offering great value for money based on economies of scale.
ABOUT THE TRUST
Improving the life chances of all children
Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children. Where we have the capacity to make a difference, we are morally bound to do so
Children are at the heart of our mission. Everything we do, every decision we make, is determined by what is in their best interests.
Our academies are located in the London Boroughs of Croydon, Bromley, Merton, Lewisham, Southwark, Sutton and Wandsworth. We also have academies located in Hailsham, Peacehaven and Newhaven, East Sussex.
What our team have to say
“The support given by senior leaders across the academies and my colleagues has been exceptional, ensuring my development as a teacher. All of this has helped me feel that I’m part of a strong team within the Academy.” Megan Gwenlan, Class Teacher
“Working in a STEP school is like no other. STEP is a happy and productive organisation with a lovely atmosphere for teaching. We are all passionate regardless of our roles and strive forward together as one!” Ross Radford, Physical Education Teacher
“I have received a lot of continuing professional development from the leadership and they have listened to my ambitions and passion which led me to being appointed as a Maths Leader.” Charlotte Blackler, Class Teacher