Regional Estates Manager
A national provider of care and support with a diverse range of services, where every role contributes to making a difference for the people we support and their lives.
Position: Regional Estates Manager
Internally known as: Property Services Officer
Location: Home-based with the requirement to travel regularly to services in the North-West & Midlands including but not limited to Bolton, Leeds, Coventry and Shrewsbury.
Job type: Full time, permanent
Reports to: Estates Director
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £27,500 per annum plus an annual car allowance of £5,000
In your role as Regional Estates Manager, you will be expected to uphold the Company’s aims and objectives in ensuring that the property, buildings, technical services, and associated grounds that you are responsible for are kept in a safe, well-maintained manner that always complies with relevant regulations. You will also be responsible for providing line-management to the regional Estates team working at local level.
- To ensure all operational properties are maintained to provide a safe, secure, and homely environment for the people supported, staff and all visitors
- Provide guidance and support to Service Managers
- To ensure that critical systems and services such as drainage, water, lighting, heating, fire, and related alarm systems are maintained and managed appropriately.
- To employ best business practice in conjunction with the senior Estates Management team, Service Managers, legal and regulatory Authorities in maintaining a comprehensive and well-considered overall maintenance regime
- To provide line management to the regional team of Estates Technicians & Operatives
- To appoint, manage and direct external contractors
- To undertake regular building inspections and the reporting thereof
- To develop annually, manage and report quarterly on Capex and lifecycle expenditure for each of the properties
- To provide management and support in appraisal, preparation, supervision and completion (including financial control) of specific property refurbishment projects
- To attend, host meetings, training sessions as required and appropriate to the role
- To administer systems, accounts and procedural matters in a timely manner and in line with company policy or agreed terms
Who we are looking for:
To be successful in the role of Regional Estates Manager it is essential that you hold a minimum of a OND/HNC in building related studies or equivalent. Alternatively, you must be able to demonstrate successful practical experience gained at a similar level of responsibility within the property / facilities management of a busy multi-property portfolio. Other essential criteria include:
- Significant experience in a similar or related role; must be able to demonstrate practical experience in line management of directly employed estates staff operating across a multi-site regional arena
- Commitment to own continuous professional development by willingness to undertake online training and updates thereafter as required
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety and Fire Safety legislation and property related statutory related responsibilities
- Experience of change management and the ability to deliver change
- The ability to work within agreed timescales and target dates, being flexible and able to work under own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong IT skills including being proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Work responsibly with sensitivity and at all-times remaining mindful to the needs of the vulnerable people who live within the services, our colleagues, and any other visitors to Swanton’s properties
- A full driving licence and regular access to a vehicle is essential to visit other services within the region. May be required to travel outside their region with nights away from home to support other regions or projects when needed
It would be desirable to have direct experience of multi-site budget planning and management.
You will be required to undergo relevant pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Workplace Manager, Office and Facilities Manager, Head of Property & Facilities, Services Manager, Head of Facilities, Estates and Facilities Manager, Strategic Facilities Manager, Senior Facilities Coordinator, Facilities & Contract Manager, Property Maintenance, Property Manager, Operations/Facilities Manager, Site Manager, Property Portfolio Manager, Building Facilities, Maintenance Manager, Building Maintenance, Regional Maintenance, Health and Safety etc.