Salary: £29,000 - £32,000 per annum
Employment Type: Full-Time
E3G is looking for a Finance Assistant. The role is based in the London Office with hybrid working.
E3G is an independent European climate change think tank with a global outlook. We are world leading strategists on the political economy of climate change, dedicated to achieving a safe climate for all.
E3G builds cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change. We work closely with likeminded partners in government, politics, business, civil society, science, the media, public interest foundations and elsewhere.
E3G operates around the world with offices in Berlin, Brussels, London and Washington. D.C. E3G is consistently ranked as one of the top-ten most influential environmental think tanks in the world by the University of Pennsylvania’s Global Go To Think Tank Index.
We work on the frontier of the climate landscape tackling the barriers and advancing the solutions to a safe climate. Our goal is to translate climate politics, economics and policies into action.
As E3G transforms to meet the challenges ahead, we are growing and looking for brilliant people to join our dedicated and dynamic team of experts. Come and be part of making the necessary possible.
E3G offers a dynamic and fast paced working environment that will value your insight, initiative and collaboration wherever you are in the organisation.
E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
This role reports to the Entity Finance Manager and is a broad role which will give the successful candidate opportunity to support management and financial accounting tasks and get exposure to senior-level stakeholders.
- Assisting with monthly management accounts and statutory accounts
- Bank reconciliations and control account reconciliations
- Monthly journal entry (accruals, prepayments, etc)
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations
- Process and prepare payment list for staff expenses
- Support purchase ledger including invoice entry and payment of suppliers as necessary
- Support Sales ledger including invoice preparation and chasing payment as necessary
- Maintaining and Reconciling Financial data across E3G’s Programme Management systems
- Other adhoc duties as required
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years working experience within a finance team
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Actively studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification
- Experience within a similar role with minimum 6 months exposure to month end processes (prepayments, accruals, bank reconciliation, etc)
- Charity experience preferred or passion to work for the Charity / Not For Profit sector is essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all seniorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Salary & benefits
- Salary £29-£32k per annum (depending on experience)
- Annual leave 25 days’ per year plus 3 days’ office closure over Christmas
- 7.5% employer contribution to Workplace pension
- Study support
How to apply
A CV of maximum two pages.
A cover letter of no more than one page outlining your motivation for the job and covering the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at E3G
- Why do you want the role
- How do you meet the person specification for this role
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
An indication of when you would be able to start.
This is rolling recruitment with interviews being conducted until the position is recruited. We reserve the right to remove this advert, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to submit your application at the earliest convenience.
Due to high level of applications, unfortunately we will not be able to respond to every applicant.
To apply for the role of Finance Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.