London Plus supports and champions charities and community groups in London. It does this through networks, data, communications, as well as connections across the capital. We aim to be the “go-to” partner in connecting London’s charities, communities, policymakers, funders, and businesses; to help address London’s most pressing social challenges.
Set up in its current form in 2019, London Plus demonstrated its purpose and value, during the pandemic. We are a trusted partner of many organisations in the capital; from local charities and community groups through to the Greater London Authority (GLA), London Councils, and our core funder, City Bridge Trust. Having these connections, strong networks, and an experienced and focused team, is important to our success.
We are now looking for a Communications Officer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis working 35 hours per week (compressed hours might be possible).
- Salary of £27,040 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension (5% employer contribution)
This is the ideal opportunity for a talented and creative marketing or communications professional with great digital skills to join our influential organisation.
You will work within a small team but dynamic team where you will be able to use your skill set to grow our profile across multiple platforms, ensuring that our mission is shared with our key audiences.
If you want to combine your skills and experience with us to support London’s charities and community groups, we want to hear from you.
As a Communications Officer, you will be tasked with supporting our team to build our profile and position with key audiences through the creation of exciting and engaging communications campaigns.
Specifically, you will produce content and material, manage a range of social media channels and marketing and communicate events. You’ll be involved at every stage from writing and editing content to uploading and co-ordinating posts.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop and implement the communications plan and schedule
- Contribute to strategic planning
- Ensure consistent branding is used to maintain and build our reputation
- Support the team in planning and developing digital materials
- Plan and produce newsletters
- Field enquiries from journalists, politicians and service users
- Provide support in the creation of press releases and statements
To be considered as the Communications Officer, you will need:
- Proven experience in marketing and/or communications
- Experience of working across a number of communications channels but in particular digital (web and social media)
- Experience of using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn in a professional capacity
- Experience of editing and proofreading
- A basic understanding of the work of charity and community groups and their contribution to improving outcomes for communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office packages and Zoom
A professional qualification in marketing, media, communications and/or journalism would be beneficial to your application, as would a degree in a relevant subject. Recent graduates are welcome to apply.
Experience developing and creating visual assets using platforms such as Canva would be equally advantageous, as would experience using WordPress, Mailchimp and/or Hootsuite.
This role is currently home-based, however, there is an option to work from an office of your choice in the interim. We are also aiming to find a new office later in the year to work from for part of the week.
The closing date for this role is 3rd July 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Thursday 7th July 2022.
If you would like an informal chat about this role prior to applying, please contact the London Plus Co-ordinator, Emily Coatham.
Other organisations may call this role Communications Executive, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications Executive, Marcomms Executive, or Charity Marketing Officer.
Webrecruit and London Plus are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an exciting opportunity as a Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.