- xciting opportunity to shape the business landscape of Liverpool
- Develop strategic partnerships and communications and work across the city
About Our Client
Liverpool BID is a private not for profit limited company working on behalf of over 1100 levy payers across the Liverpool city centre. It was established in Liverpool in 2005 and covers 537 acres.
A BID (Business Improvement District) is a designated zone (BID Area) in which businesses (BID Levy Payers) benefit from a wide range of additional services over and above those funded through the standard commercial rates and council services.
The responsibilities of the successful Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications will include but not limited to:
- To play a key role in delivering the BID business plans, enabling businesses working together to shape the BID areas from Lime St to the Liverpool Waterfront
- Form strategic partnerships and relationships across the city to champion the BID and have a deep understanding of the issues affecting levy payers
- Be a key facilitator between the private and public sector to be a voice of levy payers and effect change
- To work with Destination Liverpool, Liverpool ONE, Liverpool City Council to lead the vision of the city centre with the Chief Executive
- To support the Destination approach to Liverpool and make marketing for the city and region reflect the needs of BID areas from Church Street to the Liverpool Waterfront
- Champion BID areas and lead the strategic campaigns for ballots
- Direct the key messaging and values communicated by Liverpool BID company
- Ensure Liverpool BID company is seen as best practice and shares learning regionally and nationally with other BID areas
- Work with policy leaders, partnership groups and membership organisations that are based in the invest, live, work and visit agendas
The Successful Applicant
The successful Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications role would suit someone who has already worked in a number of different organisations and is ready to take on a leadership role to support the Chief Executive. This person should be able to manage strategic private and public sector partnerships, have a good understanding of the local economy and be committed to making Liverpool a place with a great future for people to live, work, invest and visit.
Additional experience surrounding the following would support your application:
- Business engagement and strategic development at senior level
- Marketing and communications at a senior level
- Used to working with a team and directing them to achieve success
- Partnership management and development
What's on Offer
The successful Director of Strategic Partnership and Communications will benefit from:
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Opportunity to shape the landscape of businesses in the Merseyside region
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZJN0420225587052Z