Our client is the UK’s expert voice and leading source of information and advice for people affected by spinal cord injury (SCI). For more than 45 years, they’ve been supporting spinal cord injured people and representing the wider SCI community to government and other decision-makers. Their work in campaigning, education and support is based on the personal experiences of their members. Their belief is that everyone has a right to live a fulfilled life and that means the life they choose, a life that has the same opportunities as everyone else’s.
PR and Media Coordinator
Salary: £31,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Based: Flexible and hybrid working arrangements will be considered
The PR and media coordinator will be responsible for the planning and delivery of all PR and media communications activities across the charity. This is a brand-new position, created in response to their growing media presence, so the successful candidate can really shape the role and enhance charity’s standing as the association for all that supports spinal cord injured people to live, love and work as they choose.
- Increasing reach through building relationships with journalists and influencers.
- Generating and maintaining interest through strong, relevant and timely story placement, creating and sharing stories that add value to people’s lives, with a focus on spinal cord injured people, their lived experiences and how the charity helps.
- Creating a media forward planner for all key activities and opportunities – internal and external.
- Creating factsheets that introduce the charity, what they do, what they offer, the main stats and facts.
- Identifying key spokespeople in the charity and getting them media trained.
- Working with the head of communications and campaigns to support in the rebuild of their ambassador and vice president network with a clear purpose
- Responding to stories and announcements including daily tracking of news that may impact or be of interest to the charity and spinal cord injured people.
- Support with case study creation and keeping their details up to date in their CRM in line with GDPR rules.
- Supporting the communications manager to build PR and media knowledge and confidence across the charity.
- Answering and responding to media inquiries.
- Monitoring media coverage to build metrics.
- Leading on the coordination of press release creation and distribution.
- Developing and updating of a ‘news and views’ section on the website.
- Supporting the communications manager and communications and marketing coordinator with social media posts
- Proof-reading as and when necessary.
- Supporting the head of communications & campaigns and the wider team with tasks as required.
- Reporting to the head of communications & campaigns on all aspects of the role, who in turn reports to the senior leadership team and the Board.
- This role does not have any line management responsibility at the time of appointment though this may develop with time.
- 25 days leave per annum plus paid Bank Holidays (increasing to 28 days after three years and to 30 days after five years of service)
- Access to Group Pension scheme (6% employer contribution)
- Access to Group Life Assurance scheme
- Free car parking at our Head Office in Milton Keynes
- Up to two volunteering days p.a
- Health cash plan
- Access to discounted gym membership (salary sacrifice)
- All members of staff are encouraged to discuss their development plans and aspirations with their line manager. A budget is available for talent development
People are at the heart of everything this charity does.
They offer agile working in their modern revamped bright open plan office, quarterly staff development days, annual appraisals, regular 121’s and an Employee Assistance Programme.
Closing Date: Sunday 12 June 2022
Interviews: Friday 17 June 2022
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
This employer values diversity. They are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment as they believe diversity fosters a more innovative, creative, and caring culture. They are striving to create a culture that fully represents all the communities they serve. They are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, family or parental status, or disability status. Disabled candidates who meet the standard job criteria will be offered a guaranteed interview.
No agencies please.