Email Marketing Manager Job Introduction
With the number of people living with and at risk of diabetes growing every day, our work has never felt more needed, or relevant. Our ambitious marketing and communications teams are central to helping us reach more people than ever to achieve our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Email is one of the most important communications channels we have at Diabetes UK, offering us an unique way to reach, and deepen engagement with, our beneficiaries and supporters. Every team in the charity, from Fundraising and Campaigning to our Healthcare Engagement team, relies on email to reach its key audiences. That’s why we’re looking for a brilliant Email Marketing Manager to join our team and help us deliver maximum impact through our email comms.
Interview Date: W/C 27 June 2022
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
This is an especially exciting time for email marketing at Diabetes UK, as we have just moved to a new email platform, DotDigital. Working within the Strategic Marketing team, this fantastic role will be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of a new email strategy for Diabetes UK.
In this role, you’ll work with teams across the charity to better reach, engage, support, and build meaningful long-term relationships with our supporters and beneficiaries, championing an insight-driven, engagement-first approach to email with our audiences at its heart.
The Ideal Candidate
This is the perfect role for a strategic and creative thinker with excellent skills in email marketing and stakeholder management. You’ll be a talented copywriter, and be adept at building strong working relationships and advising colleagues on email best practice.
You’ll have a strong marketing and communications background (gained within an agency or in-house marketing environment) and significant experience of developing, delivering and evaluating email marketing strategies, as well as managing email data processes and workflows to build effective journeys. You’ll be enthusiastic and passionate about the opportunity to grow this vital communications channel to reach, engage and support more people affected by diabetes.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days in your first 5 years here. Pro rata’d for those on part time hours or fixed term contracts.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out-of-pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and agile working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Access to Remote GP, physiotherapy, mental health support, and much more
- Annual Season ticket loan (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Home office season ticket (to help you spread the cost of any equipment or furniture you wish to purchase)
- Excellent Family-friendly and Carers policies, e.g. generous maternity, paternity, and neo-natal policies – considerably higher than statutory leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities which we are delighted have continued remotely during the pandemic
- We have a variety of well-being sessions throughout the year