Digital Communications Officer
London (with hybrid working options)
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) isn’t just a grant-funder, nor just a research organisation. What we are is a charity with a moral imperative – to support teachers and senior leaders to raise the attainment of 3-18 year-olds and close the disadvantage gap – which roots its response to this educational challenge in the best available evidence.
We are now looking for a Digital Communications Officer to join our team and support external communications.
- Salary of £28,000-£30,000 (London-based) DOE
- 27 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Pension matched with 5% employer contributions
- Flexible start and end working times
- Flexible working opportunities
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay
- Confidential access to Employee Assistance Programme
If you are a highly creative social media professional with experience of website management, this is your chance to put your exceptional skill set towards our vital mission as we support educational achievement.
You will have the chance to let your creativity flow and develop both your communications portfolio and professional skill set with our supportive organisation.
So, if this exciting position sounds like your perfect next step and you’re looking to hone your creative skills whilst breaking down barriers to educational attainment, we want to hear from you!
As our Digital Communications Officer, you will support our communications activities, publicising work to external audiences through a variety of media platforms and channels to increase our organisational reach and impact.
Specifically, you will manage our website and the Research School network’s social platforms, planning and creating engaging content. You will draft, plan and execute major website developments in collaboration with the Digital Manager and external contractors.
You will produce an array of digital communication products and content ranging from video production, graphic design, publications and social media assets.
Additionally, you will:
- Use analytics (both Google and social media analytics) to evaluate and improve digital campaigns
- Work with teams across the EEF to maintain an up-to-date comms planning grid
To be considered a Digital Communications Officer, you will need:
- Experience of using social media platforms and analytics
- Experience of managing a website, including basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and Google Analytics
- The ability to suggest and implement improvements based on analytics reports
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with a commitment to rigour
- The ability and knowledge to keep on-top of digital developments and trends
Ideally, you will have experience of using Adobe Premiere and/or Adobe Audition to edit video and audio content. An understanding of Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator, with the ability to design digital assets and other creative imagery would also be beneficial.
Applications close: 17th June 2022 (23:59)
All EEF staff are subject to a check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The level of check which will apply shall be an “Enhanced” level check.
All applicants must already have the right to work in the UK as we regret that we are unable to sponsor visas.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Content Officer, Content Creator, Social Media Officer, Copywriter, Content Producer, Copy Editor, or Digital Content Producer.
Webrecruit and Education Endowment Foundation are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you can increase the impact of our excellent organisation as a Digital Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.