Hyde Park, London (with travel to all parks)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
Our Estates Team is responsible for ensuring the effective estate management of our historic portfolio, safeguarding the parks for current and future users whilst also driving commercial income and activities.
We are now looking for an Estates Manager to join our Estates Team on a full-time basis, working 36 hours per week.
- Salary of £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days’ after 3 years’ service)
- Reduced gym membership
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinations
This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced surveyor with excellent negotiation skills to join our blossoming organisation.
The experience and skill set that you bring to this role will be vital in our continued mission to protect and care for our Parks while promoting national heritage by facilitating and hosting a range of exciting and engaging ceremonies and events.
So, if you want to spend your working days immersed in the historical heritage and beautiful scenery of some of London’s most spectacular green spaces, apply today!
As an Estate Manager, you will be responsible for a range of property-related matters across our estate.
Assisting the Senior Estates Manager, you will negotiate licences for the use of buildings and land under our management and take the lead in negotiating various property contracts.
You will respond to planning applications impacting the parks and oversee the estate database (Estateman) as well as the mapping and/or measurement service. You will also help set and review income and expenditure budgets and have line management responsibility for one Estates Officer.
Additionally, you will contribute to maximising income generated from the management of the estate and will build strong relationships with our many licensees and tenants.
To be considered as an Estate Manager, you will need:
- Proven experience of estate management, ideally gained in a historic estate of a similar size and complexity as the Royal Parks
- Demonstrable experience of generating income from an estate by way of property management (such as licence fee/rent reviews) and other estate related matters
- Experience of negotiating a range of agreements, including leases and licences, and negotiating with high-profile third parties and small-scale building contractors
- Proven effective management of key working relationships
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant law
- Knowledge of national and local planning policies and the planning process
- Knowledge of valuation
- The ability to read drawings and/or maps (plans, sections, and elevations)
- A degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience
Experience of responding to planning consultations, third-party planning applications, and meeting with developers and their consultants to discuss their proposed developments would be beneficial to your application.
Line management experience would be equally advantageous, as would membership of the RICS (AssocRICS/MRICS/FRICS) or be working towards it.
Other organisations may call this role Land Manager, Land Management Manager, Facilities Manager, Estates Surveyor, Surveyor, or Charted Surveyor.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for a new challenge in a beautiful location as an Estates Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.