Head of Volunteering
Edgware Road, London (with flexibility to work across our hospital site offices in North West London)
We’re Imperial Health Charity, an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. We support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
Now, we’re looking for a Head of Volunteering to join us on a permanent, full-time basis and provide fantastic leadership to our Volunteering Department and its teams.
- Salary of £56,678 - £62,645 (starting on £56,678)
- 25 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
- Support towards healthcare costs including eye tests and dental and support with mental health through counselling; additional access to gym discounts
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with contributions of 10%)
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity and adoption leave
- Membership of the Staff Arts Club
- Access to a range of high street and online discounts
- Sick pay
If you’re a volunteer management professional with key safeguarding knowledge and experience, and a real passion for the NHS, this is a rare opportunity to lead our Volunteering Team into the future.
Volunteers make a real difference to how patients experience care in our hospitals by performing a wide range of supportive roles that free up NHS staff to focus their time and resources on urgent priorities. Our volunteers welcome patients and visitors to the hospitals, deliver lunches and dinners at mealtimes, collect patient feedback and provide friendly companionship at the bedside.
Using your fantastic skills and expertise, you’ll have the chance to help make a real difference to the NHS by enhancing the care that patients receive, supporting hard-working hospital staff and ensuring all our volunteers have the best possible experience with us.
So, if you’re eager for a challenging but rewarding role and want to help us support patients and hospital staff at one of the country’s biggest NHS trusts, we want to hear from you.
As our Head of Volunteering, you will lead our Volunteering Department and deliver our ambitious strategy to facilitate exceptional care and better health within our hospitals and communities.
In this important role, you will oversee the delivery of our hospital volunteering service, leading the design and development of new volunteering roles and opportunities, services,
strategies and policies.
Acting as a member of the Senior Management Team, with particular input around service delivery, you will develop and empower staff and volunteers to achieve their full potential.
Additionally, you will:
- Engage volunteers in roles that meet demand
- Help to enhance the experience for patients
- Serve as our safeguarding lead
- Role model strong leadership behaviours to support and reinforce our leadership culture
- Prepare, manage and monitor an annual expenditure budget of c£750,000
- Act as product owner for our digital learning management system
To join us as our Head of Volunteering, you will need:
- Significant experience of successfully leading and motivating teams
- Experience planning and managing a budget of c£750,000
- Knowledge and experience of the management of safeguarding children and adults at risk, including safeguarding policy and practice, and safer recruitment (including DBS)
- Advanced experience and skills using and developing digital tools and systems to aid programme and project management as well as workforce on-boarding, rota management, and learning experience (preferably with regard to volunteers)
- A working knowledge of best practice in volunteer management with the ability to develop policies, procedures and resources
- The ability to understand, assess and manage risk in an operational environment and in the context of new service development and delivery
- Excellent data analysis, insight and evaluation skills and a high level of numeracy
- Good experience of evidence-based decision-making to drive performance, influence strategy and/or policy and inform decisions
- To be an excellent administrator
- The ability to work as part of an organisational Senior Leadership Team
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the role
Please note, all job offers with Imperial Health Charity are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and references. The DBS check level required for this role is enhanced.
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week. Some flexible working and unsociable hours may be required.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Volunteer Development, Head of Volunteer Experience, Senior Volunteering Manager, or Volunteer Manager.
Webrecruit and Imperial Health Charity are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding opportunity as our Head of Volunteering, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.