We have an excellent opportunity for a Fundraising Officer who will support the fundraising activities at this amazing charity, from events to campaigns, presenting to schools and universities, community fundraising and stewardship, this role will offer diversity and exciting opportunities.
These are exciting times for the charity having raised £5.4 million for community-lead projects.
Position: Fundraising Officer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne (Work from home and team meetings in central Newcastle)
Hours: Full-time, 09.00-17.30, Monday-Friday
Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 based on experience pro rata
Benefits: Pension and extra holidays after a successful probation period of 3 months.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022
As Fundraising Officer, you will contribute to the charity’s fundraising by organising unique and exciting social events delivered to the highest standard to raise funds and promote the charity.
Your main duties and responsibilities within this varied and rewarding role will include:
• Taking ownership of events from proposal to wrap up
• Working with the team to identify the charity’s target market
• Appointing suppliers, recruit supporters, and arrange logistics
• Helping with fundraising and general administrative duties
• Networking on the charities behalf to build up our supporter base and market our cause.
• Day to day managing of fundraising campaigns
• Working with the Charity to produce fundraising materials
• Delivering fundraising activities to aid the charities programmes in East Africa
• Supporting and contributing ideas and working with other members of the team to accurately record information
• Organising social fundraising events such as the annual Ball, Golf Day, Birthday, and International Women’s Day events.
As Fundraising Officer, you will have experience of working with supporter or customer data in the context of planning and evaluating direct marketing activities and be highly organised, attentive, and efficient with a strong work ethic.
You will also
- Be proficient in ICT and fully conversant with Microsoft Office and MailChimp
- Have customer service and general administration experience
- Have experience of working with and sticking to budgets
- Have experience of working with volunteers
- Project and event management experience
- Experience of using graphic design software (e.g., Canva, InDesign)
- Knowledge of and interest in International Development
- Excellent communication skills and friendly telephone manner
- You must have the cultural values of the Charity
If you feel you have the qualities, skills, and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding, and vital role, we would love to hear from you.
About the Organisation
The Charity provide sustainable sources of quality education to children living in poor and marginalised communities. They develop community-owned and operated schools, which provide quality education in a sustainable way. Alongside supporting the development of schools, they support parents and caregivers to increase their income to be able to better meet the basic needs of their children by supplying sustainable agriculture training and small loans.
You may also have experience in areas such as Fundraiser, Fundraising, Fundraising Officer, Events Fundraiser, Major Donor Fundraiser, Individual Giving Fundraiser, Community Fundraiser, Individual Giving, Fundraising Assistant, Senior Fundraiser, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing, Marketing Officer, Digital Marketing Officer, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing Officer, Marketing Exec, Direct Marketing Exec, Digital Marketing Exec, Marketing Fundraising, Acquisition, Acquisition Officer, Acquisition Executive.