Sustainability Manager - Carbon Management / Construction
Shrewsbury - Base Negotiable
Up to £30,913 per annum plus benefits
Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading providers of outdoor environmental education. Our client is a pioneering environmental education charity committed to enabling people discover, explore, understand, and be inspired by the world around us.
Established in 1943, their network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through their publications and community-based programmes.
Working as part of the Head Office Team, the main focus for this role will be to promote and embed the values of sustainability across the Group. National travel will be a significant part of the role. When not travelling to their Centres, the working base could be the Head Office in Shrewsbury, another Centre, or the post-holder’s home.
The post holder will require a degree in either ecology, land or building management, sustainable management, or closely allied discipline; experience of delivering carbon management programmes, training delivery and evaluation, and project management; and knowledge of carbon management, nature recovery or sustainability issues. Key to this appointment will be a flexible approach and willingness to travel and work across the UK at their rural and often breath-taking locations.
Come and be part of the team! They look forward to your application.
Please refer to the job description for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
They ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with their aims and objectives
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days, excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 6th June 2022.
Interviews are scheduled to take place via Microsoft Teams on 14 June 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.