The Job (in a nutshell)
An amazing opportunity to be part of a Charity but working with a vast array of Industry leading corporate clients. We are looking for someone to grow and develop new partnerships with a clear remit of networking and developing key contacts to expand and develop the Apprentice, Graduate and Early leaders delivery model via employers (UK wide).
Occasional evening, weekend and overnight work will be required as part of the role, including attending taster sessions, client visits and centre visits.
Who we’re looking for
You will be a results driven team player with an understanding of Early Careers development, have a proven sales background, with a strong new business focus in two / three industry sectors.
You will have a passion for the outdoor education training and development market and be aligned to our values.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external professionals.
- You’ll be highly organised have excellent attention to detail and be able to maintain high standards of communication on the phone and in writing.
- You will have good negotiation skills.
- You’ll be able to work unsupervised and under own initiative.
- A confident user in Microsoft systems.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Previous experience of LinkedIn and LinkedIn Sales Navigator for prospecting and client engagement.
Areas of responsibilities
- Securing new and repeat business to agreed personal and team quarterly and annual targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of client strategy and undertake learning needs analysis.
- Sales proposal production.
- Maintaining client records via our CRM system.
- Liaising with all areas of the organisation to maximise potential opportunities.
- Drive new business in your area through research, prospecting, and networking.
You’ll also need
Salary and benefits
Salary £24,000 - £30,000 per year £24,000 - £30,000 + OTE and benefits package. Starting salary is dependent on experience.
- Annual leave of 24 days, plus bank holidays (rising by a day a year to 30 days +BH).
- Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date; includes Employee Assistance helpline.
- 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months.
- Long-term Disability Insurance: 2/3 salary less state incapacity benefit after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date.
- Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting.
- Cash plan healthcare (currently Medicash) on application after completion of probation.
- Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): Auto-enrolment after three months.
- Berghaus uniform items provided. Also, opportunity to purchase Berghaus products at discount.
- Discounted course fees for family members.
- Cycle to work Scheme.
- Personal Adventures – Outward Bound has a positive attitude to extended/unpaid leave (forward planning is required)
Hours of work
You’ll work an average of 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Home Based or at one of our office locations nationwide.
Settling in period
There is a 3-month settling in period from contract start date.
How to apply
If you are interested, please drop an email with a up to date CV and covering letter of no more than 500 words to Sarah Shutt.
The closing date is 15th June 2022. Interviews will take place at Hackthorpe, nr Penrith (or via Zoom / Teams if appropriate) on 30th June or 1st July 2022.