Senior Services Manager – DA / VAWG Services
Hammersmith (with some travel across East and West London)
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning, and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Services Manager to join our VAWG (Violence Against Women and Girls) team and strategically manage our East and West London services.
- Salary of £40,000 - £48,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- 30 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- A day off for International Women’s Day
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Various forms of well-being support and access to our Wellness platform
- Perk Box
- Organisation wide Away Days
- Enhanced Maternity benefits (full pay) up to 12 weeks
This is a great opportunity for an individual with strategic and operational management experience and a track record of working with women or children with complex needs to make a real difference with our ambitious, growing charity.
Once you join our team, you’ll discover a collaborative, supportive environment where staff encourage each other to perform at their best and will support you as you continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career.
We believe in empowering women and girls to lead safe, non-violent, equal lives and you will play a key role in helping us deliver vital services to those who need them the most.
As the Senior Services Manager, you will oversee the quality and delivery of our services for women and girls who have experienced domestic violence.
This project will be covering 11 boroughs and you will be leading a partnership across 5 specialist domestic abuse organisations. Your portfolio of services will include specific/regional community-based housing responses, developing services and expanding our services into other boroughs.
You will manage commissioner and partner relationships and partnerships to gain support for our cause and enable the expansion of our remit.
Working with the CEO and Director of VAWG Services, you will:
- Influence and support the development of strategic plans to ensure the sustainability, development and delivery of our services
- Ensure the delivery of quality systems and services as well as safeguarding standards
- Recruit, develop and manage your team including first tier managers and their teams
- Co-ordinate, report on and deliver related services
- Represent the charity at meetings and presentations
To join us as a Senior Services Manager, you will need:
Extensive experience, likely to have been gained over several years of strategic planning and operational management at a service manager level and developing and delivering services at senior service management level:
- Significant experience of working with women and/or children with a complex range of needs, risk assessing, needs assessing and safety and support planning
- Experience of developing and leading teams both internally and externally
- Experience of performance management, supervision of staff, and effective staff management
Our ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of violence against Women and Girls, especially domestic violence and abuse, and issues relating to it.
Sound knowledge of safeguarding adult and children principles, child abuse and child protection issues and MARAC would also be beneficial to your application. A good understanding of the operation of local and national government, the criminal justice system and public sector environment in which services operate would also be an advantage.
Strong IT skills and the ability to monitor and evaluate services using database software systems and/or manual systems would be favourable. A relevant qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. management and leadership) with a particular focus on the women’s sector/community and voluntary sector would also be desirable.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community. An Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
The closing date for applications is the 29th May 2022.
Please note, any offer of employment will be made subject to references and confirmation of the right to work in the UK.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Services Delivery Manager, Senior Programme Delivery Manager, VAWG Programme Manager, Domestic Violence Programme Manager, Senior Community Support Programme Manager, or VAWG Project Manager.
So, if you’re seeking to make an impact as a Senior Services Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.