Head of Finance
Bristol (with hybrid working)
Development Initiatives applies the power of data and evidence to build sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to work closely with partners to ensure data-driven evidence and analysis are used effectively in policy and practice to end poverty, reduce inequality and increase resilience.
While data alone cannot bring about a better world, it is vital to achieving it. Data has the power to unlock insight, shine a light on progress and empower people to increase accountability.
We are now looking for a Head of Finance to join our team in Bristol on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £48,000 - £53,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus all Bank/public holidays
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. homeworking, flexitime)
- Healthcare scheme with an employee assistance programme
- Paid study leave and financial support
- Paid professional membership fees
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Informal work environment (e.g. casual dress)
- Free access to the on-site gym in the Bristol office
- Up to five days’ paid leave to volunteer for causes that address poverty and help vulnerable people
This is an excellent opportunity for a high calibre accounting professional to join our high impact organisation as we seek to reduce global poverty.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in our multi-currency, international organisation. Where you’ll have the opportunity to work across an array of international projects and programmes.
Our organisation has built an exceptional culture, where work-life balance is prioritised, so whilst you excel professionally, our excellent benefits package will ensure your personal goals are equally fulfilled.
As the Head of Finance, you will oversee our organisation’s financial management, ensuring we are financially sustainable and fit to achieve our mission.
Working closely with senior figures, you will provide high-quality financial leadership and commentary on key reports such as annual organisational budgets and quarterly forecasting. You will respond to financial risks and opportunities, ensuring these are managed in line with our strategies and policies.
Crucially, you will develop clear finance policies and procedures, ensuring our budgets maximise our funds, whilst ensuring our systems ensure transparency and prevent fraud.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage strong working relationships with external parties
- Deliver periodic financial outputs
- Ensure financial dashboards provide insightful financial management information
To be considered as the Head of Finance, you will need:
- A recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA, CIPFA and/or ACCA)
- Substantial experience in accounting and financial reporting at a senior level
- Relevant post-qualification experience of managing financial control systems, financial planning, and treasury and budget management
- Experience of managing external auditors and tender
- Up-to-date knowledge of professional accounting requirements, with knowledge of FRS102
- Solid knowledge of VAT
- Proven ability to interpret financial information and provide relevant insight to stakeholders
- The ability to simply explain technical financial concepts to engage and obtain buy-in
- Excellent analytical and business planning skills
- An understanding of project management processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Ideally, you will have around five years of post-qualification experience working with multiple currencies. Experience of working for non-profits, SMEs or in international development would also be beneficial, as would experience using Dimensions financial accounting software and FocalPoint project management software.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Accounts, Senior Finance Manager, Head Accountant, Senior Financial Manager, Senior Accounts Manager, Finance Director, or Accounts Director.
Webrecruit and Development Initiatives are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an internationally focused position as our Head of Finance, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.