Our client, a social and environmental regeneration charity, is working to transform lives in the UK’s most disadvantaged communities. They are passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances. They help people gain confidence and skills, get into training and work, protect and improve green spaces, lead more active lives and overcome significant challenges such as poverty, isolation, low skills and poor health.
Business Development Manager
Salary: £37,462 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Operational Area: West Midlands
Location: Tipton / West Midlands offices, with regular travel between sites
This is a great opportunity for a Business Development Manager to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to grow the business activities of this charity.
The Business Development Manager’s core purpose is to work with the CEO, members of the SMT and the Board to identify and develop new business and funding opportunities, to enable them to meet their charitable objectives. You will provide support to the CEO in the identification of opportunities, development and submission of proposal, and managing the bid/tender processes from scoping through to implementation.
Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- To undertake a market analysis to identify opportunities for growth, and to lead on the development of appropriate business products and services as agreed with the CEO.
- Identify opportunities for service development through new funding streams, partnership, and commissioning opportunities.
- Lead on the management and preparation of all:
- Funding bids
- Business proposals
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed new projects with the responsible member of SMT, and help to develop monitoring plans, and co-ordinating reporting arrangements.
- Develop positive relationships with a range of stakeholders providing funding to charities, including 3rd Sector, Public Sector, and the Business Sector, to raise awareness and promote the business within the Region.
What they need from you:
- Possess a proven track record (2 to 3 years or more) of leading successful applications to grant makers and charitable trusts
- Have experience in corporate fundraising and donor stewardship
- Have experience operating bid/proposal information systems, including commissioner portals and ability to utilise internal systems and data
- Have experience of a broad variety of business/fundraising opportunities relevant to the charitable sector
- Have proven experience of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders to deliver tangible results
Salary/package: £37,462. Working Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week. Core hours are from 10am – 4pm, with some flexibility of starting earlier/finishing later. 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays. They offer flexible working conditions and plenty of on-the-job training and support.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 6th June 2022
Please apply now to avoid disappointment!
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to complete your application for this position.
Our client is committed to being an inclusive employer and offers flexible working arrangements, job share opportunities and supportive, family friendly policies.
They pride themselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension and free refreshments. They are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst their workforce.
All necessary PPE will be provided by the company. Laptop, mobile phone, and mileage allowance.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be accepted without a covering letter stating how your experience/qualifications meet the requirements of this role.
No agencies please.