An international charity committed to saving the lives of malnourished children and supporting their families beat hunger is looking for a Director of Finance, IT & Administration to join a talented team, passionate about working towards the charity’s vision of a world free from hunger.
Playing a key role on our executive committee, and working particularly closely with the Directors of Operations and Fundraising as we work to achieve our exciting growth plans, you would lead the development of our finance, IT and administration function to allow the charity to achieve our strategic goals. You’ll be an experienced leader of teams, with the ability to identify and put in place systems and procedures that give the whole organisation the information they need to deliver to our funders and project partners around the world.
For 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, the charity has led the global fight against hunger. Our mission is to save, improve and protect lives by eliminating child hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of undernutrition, especially during and after emergency crises caused by situations of conflict, displacement, poverty, discrimination, inequalities or natural disasters. From crisis to sustainability, we tackle the immediate, underlying and root causes of undernutrition and its effects through a multi‐sectoral approach. By designing our programmes with local communities, integrating them into national systems, and working with partners, we further ensure that short‐term interventions become long‐term solutions.
Role: Director of Finance, IT & Administration at
Salary: circa £75,000
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Greenwich, London
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will be a fully-qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent) with the following experience:
- Working with an NGO, preferably working in an international context
- Overseeing the development of organisational information management systems
- Substantial and demonstrable post-qualification experience in a Finance department, working at Senior Management Team level
- Provision of high quality strategic financial leadership
- Operating at senior level in a regulated environment and ensured compliance within this
- Treasury management and risk management
- Multi-project/contract funding environments within an international context
- Financial statement preparation and audit process management
- Achieving successful change as part of a high performing management team
- Successful management of complex strategic projects with multiple stakeholders
- Working with multiple currencies, in particular the risk management and oversight of foreign exchange rate fluctuations
- A demonstrable personal and professional commitment to uphold the principles and practices in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion
For an information pack with full details of how to apply, or to arrange an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 6th June
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.