Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI) is an international human rights organisation whose sole purpose is to end a form of gender violence known as acid attacks. Acid violence is the deliberate use of acid to attack another human being – the majority of victims are women. We have helped change laws in Cambodia, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the UK. In 2019, we were awarded an Impact Award by the Thomson Reuters Foundation for helping to change UK law.
We are recruiting an office administrator who will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective office systems. Excellent organisational, written, numeracy and communication skills are essential as is the ability to multi-task. The role would suit a bright and diligent candidate who has excellent front of house and office skills.
This role is 35 hours a week on-site with flexible working considered.
For more information on ASTI and acid violence visit: www.asti.org.uk
- Ordering and maintenance of office stationery, consumables and equipment
- Deal with all office contracts including landlord, broadband and phone systems
- A source of assistance and information for other staff
- Answer phones, post on social media, monitor organisational email accounts and respond to enquiries from members of the public
- To carry out research on policies and for projects as requested by executive director
- Maintain office handbook and policy review schedule
- Identify and record media reports of acid violence, updating statistics and information about laws where necessary
- Record and file invoices - both paper and electronic
- Liaise with ASTI accountants providing them with relevant information, such as donations, Gift Aid, and payment of invoices.
- Organise and attend ASTI events as and when necessary
- To carry out any other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
Administrative support to the Executive Director
- Provide necessary support in areas of fundraising, marketing and programming to the Executive Director
- Arrange meetings, travel and accommodation.
- Occasional liaison with vulnerable adults i.e., acid attack survivors
- Attending and minute-taking of trustee meetings as appropriate
Essential knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing co-ordination and administrative support in busy office
- Experience of setting up and maintaining effective office systems and procedures that improve work performance
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders i.e., trustees, donors, vulnerable adults, accountants
- Experience of using systems for reporting and data entry
- Experience of working or volunteering in the charity sector
Essential skills and attributes
- Strong organisational and coordination skills with the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work on own initiative whilst seeking advice when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management
Please submit an up-to-date CV and a covering letter outlining why you wish to work at ASTI and how you meet the person specification requirements.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not hear from us, please assume your application was unsuccessful.